Chapter Thirty-Three

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

Happy pulled into the lot of TM at about nine at night. It wasn't quite dark yet, but summer was going to be over in a bit more than a month. At least most of the heat would die down a bit.

I saw that most of the lights in the clubhouse were on and I wasn't' at all surprised that people were still awake. They might have even been waiting for us. At our pit stop for food and gas on the way home Tig talked to Clay to mention that we were already on our way back. After our rest stop, Happy took the wheel as I didn't want my meds to get in the way of me driving right. The last thing that I wanted was to get someone hurt because my meds made me a bit more drowsy, more than pain meds.

Getting out of the truck, I was on slightly wobbly feet. I only woke up about ten minutes beforehand. I was slowly getting back into my activity. I was sure that the night was still going to be young. As I shut my door, I heard Happy do the same and the bikes behind us parked and turned off. I looked over my shoulder and saw the three guys get off their bikes and take off their helmets. Happy was soon on my side and I turned and looked up at him as we waited. He asked me, "you okay?"

I sighed, "no, not really. I wish I could have stayed with him, make sure that the cult stays back, but I know I'm needed here. I just want to make sure that he will be okay."

He nodded, "I get that. I'm sure he will be okay."

The three of us came and I was done talking about the situation by then. The guilt of me leaving my brother was basically eating me alive. I could have stayed one more day by myself. I could have paid for a taxi. It would have been expensive as hell, but I could have done it. I just felt as though I just helped my brother and then left him, as I always had before. I fed him to the sharks. And it wasn't fair to him and I didn't like it, but I knew that I would always hbefore all of us went through the front doors. I got a surprise to see the other guys surrounding a table along with Gemma and Donna, who seemed to grow since the last time I saw her even though it wasn't too long ago. How far along was she now...I was sure she still had a month, at least a couple of weeks.

All of them had a beer in hand with more in the table except for Donna who was having something. I guessed that it was chocolate milk. I knew that she wouldn't risk the baby's health, but it still looked funny to see the difference. I raised my eyebrows as we stepped in and everyone looked at us and smiled, "hey!"

"What's going on here?" I asked.

I saw Opie walk over to Donna and they smiled at each other before he leaned down to give her a kiss. Clay answered me as he looked around at the guys, "we were waiting to see when you guys got home. Took a little longer than expected so we decided to play never have I ever."

I chuckled, "seriously?"

Chibs nodded. Opie asked Donna as he brought up a chair to sit beside her, "aren't you tired?"

"I slept most of the day. I woke up about an hour ago and joined these guys. But since I can't drink, Gemma got me a carton of milk." Donna answered with a small smile and Opie laughed. He wrapped his arms over the top of her chair and around her shoulders and she leaned into him slightly, "besides, this has been really fun."

I knew that Donna wasn't the biggest fan of the club. Most of the time she tolerated it, but I knew that sometimes she was really against it. And I knew that it was because she didn't want anything to happen to Opie, and now she was also worried about the baby and it possibly growing up in this life.

"Join us! We haven't been at it for too long." Bobby suggested.

I raised my eyebrows again, thinking for a moment. I should be getting to bed. I could even call my sisters to see how Rod was doing. Rhea said she and Thomas would stick around to help keep Rod straight, but I still wanted to be there. If it weren't for the club I would be, but I had important things here. I also saw Eli and I knew that though he was smiling, he had a slight tone of sadness and fear in his eyes once I entered the room. I knew that I needed to talk to him. But I knew not now because if we both suddenly left then it would look suspicious.