Chapter Thirty-One

{hi readers! This chapter is long, I know, but it will be leading somewhere and it gives build up to what will happen later.}

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

            Happy was going pretty fast down the road. We had soft rock music on the radio and were at the front as Tig, Jax, and Opie rode on their bikes behind us. We had been driving for about a half hour now and I was pretty silent, thinking of what my game plan was. What I was going to say to my little brother when I finally saw him. I needed to convince him to leave the cult or this group of people and I knew he was going to bring my club membership as his defense.

            I was interrupted in my thoughts when Happy finally said in his rough voice, "it's just one thing after another with you."

            I snorted and rolled my eyes, placing my arm against the door and window and I placed my head against my hand, "tell me about it."

            He looked over at me after a little bit and asked, "you okay?"

            I shook my head, "not exactly. I'm doing shit for this club. I'm away, I'm sick, and now this. And then there is my brother. And my mother, but I guess that was always a problem. And then there was Jonah and Ashley..." Shaking my head again I looked out the side window. Not to mention that thing with Eli, but I couldn't tell Happy that.

            "Doing shit for the club? You seem to forget that you destroyed your jeep for the sake of a run and protected everyone during that run by it. And the whole reason you got sick was because of a run you did for the club with Elijah screwed up." Happy said, almost in annoyance that he had to tell me, "and you helping Ashley was a big thing, especially for her and you could tell. You were there for her when she needed someone. And if anything of what I've heard your mom do to you, you don't deserve it and I bet she's the one that led your brother to this."

            I looked down and frowned, "I should have let Clay explain what I missed. So that I was at least up to date."

            "This is important and Clay knew that." Happy said.

            "I'm still prospecting." I muttered, "...do you think I went over the line? Demanding things from him?"

            Happy shook his head, laughing slightly, "Rowen, you're fine. Honestly. Clay's the boss but he's also human. And you've done a lot more to this club then you think. You're one of the few people who actually belongs there and earned their patch. Being nomad and going between different clubs, I've seen guys who just wanted the rights, but when it came down to it they weren't ready. They didn't deserve it. The guys in Samcro earned it, but you've stepped far and beyond for this club just as a prospect."

            I was silent afterwards, letting that sink in. I knew Happy had been here a while and I knew many of the guys said that before, but...I was just worried. Worried that I wouldn't get my top rocker.

            I sighed and told him honestly, "I'm just...worried. I'm nervous for my top rocker."

            He nodded, "I get it, you have a lot of weight on your shoulders being first female and everything. And I get it, not the culture. And to be honest, if I didn't know you I would dislike it and talk to Clay about it. He's told me about all that, how he'll get members seeing him and calls and such. But the guys kept raving about you, and I knew that you were something."

            I nodded and looked out the window again, the bikes behind us still roaring. I said, "it's not the culture and everyone apart from Samcro wants me to know it."