Nine

We were at the area where Hanji kept her little Titan pets.

Hanji was screaming like a fucking maniac...

"Sawney! Beane! How could this happen?! Someone tell me this isn't real!" Hanji says screaming after.

"They were such venerable specimens. Is this a soldier's work?" Gunther asks.

"Yeah. But they haven't pegged the one responsible yet. They were killed just before dawn apparently. By the time the guards got here, the bastard cleared out on ODM gear." Eld said.

"Whoever it was must've had a lookout to warn them about the guards." Gunther says.

"Sawney!" Hanji says yelling again.

"Oh dear. Someone's gone stark raving mad, haven't they?" Oluo says with a smirk. Petra elbows him in the ribs, making him groan in pain.

"How did this—- How'd it happen?" Eren says staring at the big pile of smoking Titan bones.

"Let it go. This is the matter of the Military Police." Levi says beside me.

"Uh. Yes, sir." He says before we walk away a couple of feet.

Levi and I turn our heads to see Erwin talking to Eren.

"What is it you think you see?" Erwin asked."Who do you think the real enemy is here?"

Erens response was just silence. He didn't really know anything.

"Ignore me. Loaded question." Erwin said before walking towards Levi and I. I take one more glance at him, then looked forward again. I started walking away with Levi beside me, and Erwin behind us.

——————

I was hugging Levi's waist while we rode to the horse stables. Today was the day the cadets get to pick what Regiment they want to join. Wonder how many of them are brave enough to join mine and Levi's squad, the squad with the most casualties.

As we arrived to the stables, I see Eld, Gunther, and Eren.

"Fall in!" Gunther says before him and Eld reach me and Levi, saluting us.

"Make ready, people! We're going on patrol." Levi says to Gunther and Eld.

"Yes, sir!" They say in unison.

Eren came running up to us, then saluted as well. "Good morning captains! Reporting for duty!"

"Eren, you will stay within ten meters of Levi and I at all times. The only reason that you're out of your cell is because we're keeping an eye on you. Understood?" I say looking at him with my emotionless face.

"Yes, ma'am!" Eren answers back.

"Let's ride! Hyah!" Levi says as he ushered his horse to move.

I'm not gunna lie... it took everything in my power to not laugh at his little 'Hyah!'

——————

Game time.
We were going on an expedition today.

"Our Special Ops squad'll be positioned here, on standby. Behind the center rank." Gunther said talking about our positions.

"So we'll be pretty far back then." Eren says looking at the layout.

"It's the safest position in the formation. The supply wagons don't even get such fine treatment." Gunther says to Eren

"Our goal this time around is to simply leave, then come back. Today's expedition will serve as a test run. To see if we've got a shot at getting you all the way to Shiganshina." Gunther says looking at Eren.