Twenty Nine

—-Hanji's Pov—-

I watch (Y/N)'s bloodied up hand, gripping tightly at the dead girls locks.
(Y/N)'s hands...
They were covered in dried blood. But on top of the thick layer was fresh blood. Assumingely Kayden's. I look at Kayden's pale head. Her eyes were completely white. Her mouth gaping open like she was in the middle of a scream. Looked like the soul was sucked out of her. Kayden's blood was dripping from the little nub of what's left of her neck. Her whole head was completely pale and white, it made her hair stand out in color as the fresh blood from (Y/N)'s hand was oozing onto the dead girls face.

I'm not much of a nauseous person, but when (Y/N) started to twirl her head in circles, like it was a fucking toy, Kayden's blood got on my face. Making me want to gag up what I had for lunch today.

"Stop playing with it!" I say clutching my mouth.

"Sorry." She says throwing it in a nearby fire pit.

"Where's her brothers?"

"In a lake."

"They're dead?"

"Of course."

"Where's the rest of Kayden's body?"

"I threw it in the same fire pit I through her head in."

I shook my head in disbelief. She must be used to this lifestyle. Growing up in the Underground and all. She had to grow up way too fucking fast. For poor baby Jesus' sake, she was playing with a decapitated head not even 3 minutes ago.

"You can tell me all about it later. Let's get you cleaned up."

——————

•10:46pm•

—-Levi's Pov—-

Nothing.
That's what I'm feeling right now.
No. I feel dead.
Yeah. Dead. Another person I cared about the most, good as gone. The only reason I'm still here is because of Mono. Making sure he doesn't go through the same terror I went through. The endless amount of killing,
The amount of dead corpses I see almost on a daily...
How long can I keep this up?
Humanity's Strongest my ass...
If only they knew... I'm a breaking down mess.
Mono's words that day...
The day (Y/N) died...
It hurt, it really did.

"You had one job, Levi. One fucking job.." I say quietly as the darkness of the room swallows me, drowning in (Y/N)'s scent.

.::FLASHBACK::.

"You lied, Revy! You said you'd protect sissy! You promised me!" Mono said as tears were streaming down his face, non-stop.

I kneel down to his level, trying to give him a hug. But he jerks himself away from me as he became a sobbing mess.

"Mono-"

"It's all your fault! I hate you! I HATE YOU!" He says punching me as hard as he can. It didn't hurt one bit, but his words did. It hurt because he had every right to hate me. It was all my fault. Maybe if I was with her, she'd still be standing right next to me. With a bright smile on her face. If only...

"Mono. Please stop..." Hanji says picking him up. Her eyes red and puffy as her cheeks were still stained from her tears.

She walks away with him in her arms. His screams of sadness being the only thing you can hear down the hallway.

.::END OF FLASHBACK::.