chapter 48

ZOE'S POV

The school days pass by tediously and before I know it, it's a Friday. I'm still ecstatic about mending my friendship with Carl and Linda was happy more than I when I told her everything the following day. "Girl I still can't believe this, you said Carl did what?" Linda questions in disbelief and happiness overshadowing her face. "Come on Linda, you still in that?" I imply to her with a smile on my face.

My cheeks aflame as I'm releasing the next sentence "I too I was amazed as you, he really is a nice guy."

"I sense some goose bumps in your stomach." She smirks at me.

"Trust me when I say Carl and I are just friends, I just admire him."

"I bet you do." I playfully roll my eyes at her.

After our sweet moment she talks again "Zoe, I have asked Samantha to join us." She says and I shift my gaze towards her gaze's direction, only to decipher Sammy's figure from afar. A mixture of irritation and frustration surges within me as I stand up to withdraw myself from Linda's presence with Samantha who's now closer to our spot, Linda stops me in my tracks by griping my hand tightly. "No Zoe! You will stay right here and listen to what she has to say." Linda voices out as a command and Samantha is now in our presence.

"You're expecting me to be in the same presence as her. No ways!" I say firmly as a belligerent look overtakes my face. "Look Zoe I know what I did was..." "Oh and she talks too, I was starting to think it's some type of statue." I sneer at Samantha and see Linda pleading with her eyes "Zoe please hear her out." Linda politely request. "Fine let her talk then." I ooze with my voice laced with vulnerability.

Samantha diverge her gaze towards my eyes as she begins to talk "Zoe I know I did you wrong and trust me I can't sleep peacefully at night knowing what I've put you through. All I want is for you to forgive me and carry on with life. Let's not let a guy come between our friendship." I stare at her in disbelief "Friendship? Do you know what the meaning of friendship is?" My emotions are taking over as I didn't intend to shout. "That guy you're talking about was my boyfriend or what? You didn't know that?" I sneer with a loud voice, pulling some attention from Nelspruit Private College learners but my subconscious doesn't care at the moment.

"Would you stop behaving like you are perfect? I'm tired of you taking all the credit all the time." She shouts back at me. "Guys please keep it down." Linda pleas but I ignore her "Me taking all the credit? Samantha what are you talking about?" I query in puzzlement. "Zoe I told you I had a crush on Mike but you still dated him." 

"What! Samantha you never told me that."

"Of course I've never. Few months back when I told you about attending a party thrown by the hottest guy which you happen to bump into by the same weekend and came back to brag about it right in front of my face." She sarcastically confesses, leaving my face with a mixture of puzzlement and astonishment.

"Samantha how would I have known you had a crush on Mike while dating Ryan?" I query.

"The signs were there Zoe! When you were always bragging about your relationship with Mike, did I look interested into all of that? When he bought you an iPhone and did all those nice things for you, didn't you think I'd want that too?" Samantha leaves my jaw agape along with Linda and all the learners who are around us, watching our heated conflict.