chapter 35

MIKE'S POV

"Gents if this isn't love I don't know then because I'm slowly falling for her." I tell my crew, Ryan, Seth, Dre and Junior. They all stare at me, obviously not taking what I'm saying serious. "Let me make a move on her then you'll know whether she's the one or not." Seth shoots a smirk at me. "Even if you try, she'll reject you. She's a good girl." I say nonchalantly as I pass my joint to Ryan.

"If she's that good then how did you hit it on day one?" Ryan questions; exhaling the smoke of weed through his mouth and nose. "Hello we're talking about me here." I roll my eyes. "It's not like I never hit on Samantha." I state, wanting to upset him. "It wasn't even tight." I add, letting out a chuckle. He places the joint on the bench and stands up angrily wanting to hit me but Dre and Junior hold him back.

I don't even bother to move, I stand still while Seth glances at us. "Let them fight." Seth says, enjoying the moment. "You knew that's my girlfriend but still went for her." Ryan whines. "I thought it's bros before hoes. You're still mad?" I ask him. He pushes pass me with too much force and leaves.

"That wasn't fair bro." Dre says, taking back a seat on the chair, our spot only. "He'll be okay." I say blankly and take the joint from the bench then smoke.

"Why is Ryan mad? I bumped into him and he never said a word." Zoe's soft voice coming from behind me inquires. I quickly pass the joint to Junior and turn around to meet her cute face.

"Bros issues" I respond to her, damn my mouth smells of weed as I talk. "Come" I say and hold her hand, shifting to the side. "That guy always gives me strange looks." Zoe says quietly and I turn around to find Seth staring at her. "I will rip your heart while it still beats." I threaten loudly to Seth and he shifts his eyes from us.

"Where else did he look at you?" I ask her. "Firstly at the party and whenever I bump into him by the school premises." She responds. "I'll sort it out." I tell her. "And baby I told you not to come by this side of the school, I'll be the one checking on you." I warn her. "But I missed you." A frown covers her features, still looking cute. "You never listen hey." I say and brush her soft cheeks; she blushes. "You should stop smoking at the school premises. I don't like that." She complains. "I will baby." I simply reply to her knowing very well that isn't possible, I'm the boss of this mafia school.

"Still on for that lunch?" I ask her, knowing the answer. "Yes yes yes." She screams, placing kisses on my cheeks as she tiptoes trying to be on my level. Zoe is beginning to be much free around me and I like it unlike when we first met. "On one condition." I say. She raises her eyebrows ready to listen to me.

"Cut all ties with Trigger." I demand her and she widen her eyes lightly. "Is that neccessary though?" She questions with incredulity. "Yes. Look at how happy we are without him right now. I don't want him coming between our happiness." I urge her. "Mike I'm not sure." She mumbles. "You can't have us both Zoe." I offer an intimidating look. "But this isn't fair though. Fine I'll do it." She whines and I smile a little.

"Today right? I'll come with you when you do it." I state. "No, that won't be necessary I'll do it alone." She responds with sadness filling her voice. I give a quiet chuckle so she won't hear it. Good, I got her. I want her all by myself, giving me all of her attention. She's mine. I just wanted to be there to see Trigger's disappointed face when she delivers the news to him. Anyway I can picture that.

ZOE'S POV

What I'm about to do is wrong and after this I'm going to hate myself for hurting Carl's feelings but what else can I do since Mike has given me an ultimatum? I knock on the door, for my sake I hope Mr Anderson is not yet back from work. "Coming" Carl yells and I hear the sound of footsteps rushing towards the door.

I close my eyes and take a few breathes then open them "Zoe?" Carl's amazed face appears on the doorway. "Uhm hey" I mumble, captivated by his big muscles as he's wearing a vest and shorts. It's my first time seeing Carl wearing shorts and damn he's sexy than ever. "Well come in." He offers with a huge grin on his face, I step inside, heading to the couch to get seated. He closes the door and follows behind.

"So you're alone?" I ask, darting my eyes around. "Yeah, they're not yet back." He replies as he takes a seat. "So what brings you here?" He questions with amusement. He's excited to see me? If only he knew I'm about to wipe off that smile from his face. "You know I admire you right? You're very generous and caring..." I trail off, he interrupts and speaks "Okay enough with the compliments, what's wrong?" He inquires and gives a chuckle.

Okay Zoe relax, breathe and talk.

"I can't be friends with you anymore." The words escape my mouth and I feel a slight pain in my heart. "Give me two reasons." Carl urges with his emotionless face. "Well I-I..." I stutter and avert my gaze towards the floor. "Thought as much." He rolls his eyes and opens his mouth again. "You can't even give a single reason just because he commanded you to do this and you agreed too." Carl's voice is filled with disappointment. "I think it's for the best too, we don't fight much when you're not around. He's really trying and he promised to be on his best behavior." I try to defend Mike.

"So the snake lies to you from the word go, you really want to wait until the snake bites you before you realize how poisonous it is?" Carl questions with anger filling his voice. "You're exaggerating now, he's not that bad." I say. "Stop being too naive and introvert, allow yourself to have fun, meet people and experience things. Can't you see that Mike is trying to own you like some type of property!" Carl snaps at me and I widen my eyes in amazement. "Maybe you're all the same then since you're also telling me what to do." I yell at him as I allow his words to pierce in my heart.

"Zoe I tried to open your eyes before it's too late but you're blindfolded. I guess you'll realize one day that he's a snake in a sheep's skin and when that time comes I pray it's not too late." Carl states quietly, feeling hurt. I know he has a thing for me but with all the words he had said, I'm astonished. Would he really hate Mike that much just to have me?

"If the decision I'm taking is a mistake then it's my mistake to learn from." I say, standing up on my feet. He stands up too in front of me and grips my hands in his. "Just take care of your heart." He says and places a kiss on my forehead. "I will." I tiptoe and kiss him on his cheek, slowly letting go of his hand. Leaving him there standing as a statue, hurt, speechless and with disappointment.

I leave his home with my heart skipping up and down, racing faster than normal. I've toyed with Carl's feelings. Who have I become? In my entire life I have never hurt a soul even worse I decided to hurt one person who cares about me, a person who have never done me wrong. "Ahhhh!" (Screaming) with my hands on my head as I think of the monster I have become.