Chapter 6

Soon, I feel the heat on my face. My eyes flutter open and I get up slowly. I rub my eyes and stretched my arms. I look around to see that I'm still here in the woods. It's honestly a bit odd because I have never woken up to this view. The sleep was surprisingly good but that might be because I was really tired.

I try to stand up on my feet to only feel a pain in my back. I put my hand behind and start rubbing my back. "Gosh it's so sore" I groan. I sighed and just let it be. I look around to find Asher and spotted him laying his back against the tree truck soundly sleeping. Honestly, he looks really peaceful when he's sleeping but when he's awake his just loud.

I decided not to wake him up and put the cloth I slept on to cover him. I sat back down on the grass and took out the biscuit box in his bag and ate some. Biscuits were not enough but that's all we have now. I don't know how to hunt and if Asher could, that would be great. I look back at him sleeping again and thought to myself "he must be having a nice dream."

Asher's POV

"Mum, where is dad?" I ask in my 15-year-old voice.

"He's still working," Mum says as she washes the dishes.

"It's quite late though. Usually, dad comes home in time for dinner" I say and went to help dry the wet plates.

Mum sighs, "I know but don't worry, I'm sure he will be back soon"

KNOCK KNOCK

"I'll get it," I say and opened the door to see a tall man with a beard grown till his chest.

"Is Mrs. Bella here?" He asks. That was my mother's name. I was about to call her but she heard it from afar and stopped washing the dishes.

"Yes I'm here" My mum rushes over as she wipes her hands on her apron. "Is everything alright? What's this about?" She looks at me telling me to go do something else and I did. I just went back to help finish my mother's dishes.

I suddenly heard my mum scream and I drop all the plates in the bucket. I ran to the door and saw that my mother was not there. I went out the door to see two men pulling my mother away.

"No! Mother!" I gasp and ran after them. Before I knew it I hear someone click a gun and I look to my left to see a man in the distance pointing a gun at me. My pupils dilate and I stand there in fear.

"NO ASHER" mum screams. "LEAVE MY BABY ALONE" she struggles to shout as they pull her.

He clicks and the bullet goes flying towards me. I couldn't move, I didn't know what to do. I also had no idea what was going on but I knew these men are kidnaping my mother. Suddenly out of nowhere, I was pushed down to the ground. I hit the grown hard, hitting my right arm on the grown.

I look over to see that I was not shot. I push the person over me and noticed that it was my dad. "Dad," I say with trembling a voice.
"No" I cry. He saved me. He was shot in the stomach and he was bleeding everywhere. All I could do was cry, I didn't know what to do.

"Help" I cry. "Someone help" I look left and right. I hear my mother's screams in the distance and I naturally let my legs run after her hoping that I could save her but she was out into a carriage and they all scurried off.

"MUM" I shout and tried to ran after her but obviously my legs weren't as fast as those horses. The only thing I could do was to try and remember how the man looked like. It was dark and I couldn't see much but something reflected from one of their pants. A crest or a symbol pined on it and I remembered it for life.