Chapter 18

"What?" Asher looks at me surprised and then looks at Theo.

"Hey long time no see ash" Theo smiles

"Weren't you coming tomorrow?" Asher storms towards him and pulls me behind him.

"Yes, about that, I wanted to come earlier" Theo says and then looks at me. I got uncomfortable again and looked away.

"Does Daniel know about this? Or Issac-

"Yes of course. Even aunty Monica"

"So, your name is Scarlett?" He says as he converts his attention to me.

"Uh yes" I say awkwardly and tried my best to avoid my eye contact from him.

"What are you really here for?" Asher frowns and Teo looks at him.

"To see my family again? What else?"

Asher sighs. "Just don't disturb me. We will be leaving today."

"Today? So soon?" Teo says sadly.

"Yes we are-

As I was standing, I start to feel woozy and their words start to fade from myself ears. I blink eyes and rubbed them but all I see was a blur.

"A-Asher" I hold unto his shirt. "I-I think-

I couldn't even finish my sentence and blacked out.

Asher's POV

"Yes we are, so-

"A-Asher" I feel her hands clinging into my shirt tightly and I look behind.

"What's wrong " I notice that she was shaking.

"I-I think-

She doesn't finish her sentence and fainted in my arms.

"Scarlett? Wake up" I shake her. "Wake up" I shake her again but there wasn't a response.

"What happened? Is she sick?" Teo puts his hand on her forehead which made me angry so I slapped his hand away and put my palm over her forehead.

"You are burning" I say worriedly and quickly carried her to her bedroom and covered her with the blanket.

"What are you doing in here Theo ?" I bite my cheek as he enters the room. " I did not invite you in"

"Yes I know" he sighs "but I can't help myself to tell you, she did look pretty pale. You would have known-

"Get the fuck out of my house!" I shout at him. He doesn't flinch but looks dead at me in the eye.

"You should take better care of your girlfriend" Theo gives a smirk before leaving the room.

"She is not my girlfriend!" I shout annoyed as he walks out of the room and I hear him shut the entrance door. I groan annoyed and sat down on the chair next to her bed.

I can't believe she is sick. That means we won't be able to travel today. I sigh and take out a picture of me and my mother from my pocket. "I'll find you soon mum" I whisper. I sigh again. Soon Scarlett will know the whole truth and it scares me.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I hear Scarlett move. I put the picture back in my pocket and sat on the side of the bed and lifted up her hair. She was perspiring and very warm. I went down to get a bowl of water and a towel.

When I came back to her room, I put it on her forehead hoping it will cool her down. It's only morning and all of this is happening.

This some how reminded me of something. I remember waking up one morning to see a towel in my head. I knew it was Scarlett who did that by I never got to thank her.