Chapter 26

My eyes opens slowly as light hits it. I blink a few times before I could adjust to the light. I stretch my arms and got myself up from the bed. I went to the bathroom to have a shower and brushed my teeth.

I cover my mouth as I yawn like hundred of times just as I wake up. I don't necessarily feel tired but for some reason I can't stop yawing. Once I was done freshening myself up, I went down the stairs to see if Theo was awake.

"Morning" I yawn again.

"Morning sleepy head" I frown and realised I recognise that voice.

"A-Asher?" I walk down the stairs faster.

"What are you doing here so early?" I ask surprised. I couldn't help myself but smile.

"Beats me" Theo yawns and looks away, rather mad.

"Getting you back" he smiles

"You mean? go back to your house?"

"No" Theo cuts in. "No she is not doing that. It's not safe for her to be outside" He turns to face us. "She is staying here" he looks intensively into Asher eyes.

"Alright fine" Asher rolls his eyes. "It can't be helped" he shrugs. "Well good news"

"Ohh what?" I say happily. What's the good news?? Are the guards gone? Is Victoria finally okay with me?

"I'm staying here with you guys!" He says proudly as he takes out bags from under the table.

"What!?" Theo looks at him in disbelief.

"Oh! Like a sleepover?" I laugh

"Yeah something like that." He smiles. Wow he is smiling more lately now. I can't help myself but sink into his happy face.

"Scarlett?"

"Huh yeah?" I nod as I look at Asher.

"Can I sleep in your bedroom?" He asks. My mind just went blank and I couldn't process what he just said.

"Are you stupid?" Theo throws a pillow at his face.

"Haha I was just kidding" he takes the pillow off his face.

"Wha-what" I stand there frozen and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Sorry I was just kidding."

I clear my throat. "Um Asher"

"Yeah?" He answers me as he throws the pillow back at Theo.

"Seriously?" Theo shouts

"Did something good happened?" I tilt my head. "You are smiling a lot lately. Which is good!"

" I guess" he scratches the back of his head and shrugs.

"You look better when you smile. You should smile more" I smile brightly.

"Hey, I'm still here you know?" We both turn our heads to Theo. He sighs and stands up from the couch.

"I don't know why you are staying over here but whatever."Theo facepalms. " just don't disturb me"

"So that's a yes?" Asher eyes lit up which made me laugh. "That's great! Now I can see you more now"

I froze again when he looks into my eyes.

"A-and Theo" he laughs nervously.

"O-oh" I try to laugh along.

The day past quite quickly. Theo and Asher has been, well, not necessarily fighting but they kept shouting at each other every minute. I couldn't help but smile every time I see the both of them together arguing at the stupidest things.