Chapter 17

"It's the rules honey. By law you are not allowed to leave the castle" mother says annoyed.

"Who makes the law?" I ask

"Your father did, along with the government"mother says simply.

" but why?" I ask desperately. I hate staying in the castle, I just wish I could go and explore the outside worlds.

"Oh Scarlett. You won't want to mix with the outside world"

" what if I want too?"

"Then you must be crazy" mother scoffs

"Crazy? Why would I be crazy? We are all human. Why can't I mix with them?" I raise my tone and my mother frowns not liking my tone.

"Enough questions. You belong here and they belong there. Just know you live in a high life while they live Low" Mother says angrily and exits my room.

My eyes shot open and I shoot up from the bed. I look around and I was more than relieved that I was just in Asher's house. I start to feel that my arms were sticky and my forehead was wet. I must have been perspiring. I got myself out of bed without looking at the time and I assumed that it was past 8 am in the morning because of how bright it is outside.

I took a bath to refresh myself and made my way downstairs. I was surprised to see Victoria and Daniel in the living room, together with Asher, talking like a normal day. I just smiled.

"Morning Scarlett" Daniel greets along with Victoria. I was waiting for Asher to say something but he didn't even give eye contact and went to take a sip of water from his cup.

"Morning" I reply. "So is everything okay between you two?" I ask Victoria referring to her and Issac.

She looks hesitant but the next moment she bursts into happiness by jumping out of the couch. "I'm going to town"

"I knew he would understand" I smile

"This is why I love him" she says dreamily. "Oh- and thank you so much Scarlett!"

"Oh? For what?" I raise my eyebrows.

"For listening and helping me!" She exclaims

"Oh- oh it's nothing but I'm glad to help" I nod.

"Hey.. did you sleep okay?" Her tone changes and I touch my face unconsciously.

"Yea" I lie and bit my lip. I still feel quite tired as I stayed up half the night but I did not want to tell anyone or else they will worry.

"Hmm okay- it's just that your eyes are quite swollen" she frowns as she takes a closer look at my face. It's quite amazing how she notices this small details of a person.

"Actually now that Victoria mentions it, I can see it" Daniel says.

"Oh no is it very obvious?" I quickly run to the nearest mirror that was in the living room to see my face. My eyes were pretty swollen. It was as if I cried for hours?

"Did you cry?" I turn around to see Victoria with full of concern in her eyes.

"I-uhm no, I didn't- probably just some allergy-

"Allergy!?" Asher jumps up from his chair and sandwich my face with his palms and looked at my face, which I flinch because it was so unexpected."Maybe your room is a little dusty" he frowns

I start to feel my cheeks burn when I feel that he was too close to me. I don't know why but he is starting to make me feel things I have never felt before. I mean it's normal to feel flustered when someone looks so close to you but I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't be close to him. I push him away and he raises an eyebrow at me.