Chapter 38

"Hahaha You really thought I was your mother? You are so naive Scarlett"

What?

" yes that's right. Why would a mother treat a child with a knife?"

Go away

"Well maybe because your real mother shouldn't have pushed me out in the first place! And now I'm stuck with the same face who I hate the most!"

"STOP" I scream at the top of my lungs and launched myself up from the bed. My heart was beating rapidly and my head was pounding. I lift my shaky fingers to wipe some sweat of my head.

"Scarlett! Are you okay?" Asher rushes to me and wipe my face with a cold towel.

"I-" I frown trying to talk but I had to catch my breath. It feels like I just ran for miles. What's happening.

"Shh it's okay. You're okay. It was just a dream yeah?" He pats my head gently and I start calm down.

"Scarlett?" Jaxon pops His head in the room. "I heard you screamed, are you okay?" He proceeds to walk in and stood beside Asher.

"I'm okay, just a bad dream"

"Are you sure?" Jaxon and Asher asks at the same time. They look at each other before looking at me.

"Uh yes, I'm sure" I nod my head. "Oh, what time is it?"

"It's almost noon" Asher says.

"I'll get you some water" Jaxon says and leaves the room.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" Asher asks.

"Um I'm not sure how to explain, I just keep getting dreams of my mother saying the same words to me"

"What did she say?"

"Uh she said-

Jason enters the room and passes me the cup of water. "Thank you" I grab it from his hand and took a few sips.

"Are you feeling better?" Jaxon asks

"Yeah a bit better" I give a small smile. "Oh wait"

"What is it?" Asher leans closer to me.

I look at every direction and noticed that this is a room. The last time I was, was downstairs.

"Oh, I carried you here" Asher says

"Oh sorry, You had to do that but isn't this your mother's room?"

"Yeah, she offered you to sleep in her room" he smiles.

"Is your mother really okay with this?"

"Of course I'm okay with this" We all snap our heads to the sound of an older lady standing at the door frame. She smiles when our eyes meet. "Morning princess, we'll it's not morning anymore but how are you feeling?"

"Wait how do you know..."

"Oh I'm sorry to not mention myself" she scratches her head. " Yes you are right, I'm Asher's mum, you may call me Grace"

"oh thank you so much for letting me rest in your room" I give a toothy smile. "Did Asher tell you I'm a- you know p-princess?"

She chuckles, "Yes he did but I worked in the castle before so, I knew you before"

"Oh" I raise my eyebrows.

"How are you doing Jaxon?" She turns to him.

" oh I'm doing great, thanks to you letting us stay here" Jaxon says delightfully.