Chapter 44

Scarlett's POV

I wake to the warmth of the blanket covering me. I turn over to see no Asher. I get up and slowly stretch my arms.

"Morning princess" I hear Grace voice and I immediately snap my head to her show as standing at the door.

"Grace!" I say happily and gave her a hug hug.

"How are you darling? Did you sleep well?" She pats my back before I release the hug.

"Yes I did" I smile

"Is it because Asher was with you the whole night?" She smirks, making me blush.

"Uh I-

"Teasing you" She lightly beats my shoulder. " Anyway, Asher told me everything, is it really true that you are free?"

"Well" I awkwardly scratch the back of my head. "It seems like my mother really let me go but I" I pause and bite my lip. " um but I, feel like I should go back"

"Why?"

"I know it's weird of me to say this because I never wanted to go back but" I pause and my mind started to drift off.

"But?" She says asking me to continue.

"But recently I found out that my fathers-" I pause again realising he isn't even my father but I can't help to say it because I was raised by them. "-um that my father have a bad intention and my mother wants to stop him"

"Bad intention?" She gasps. "What does that mean?"

"I- Don't exactly know but all I know is he just wants to be the ruler of every kingdom and so on"

"That's terrible- Wha-what about your mother?"

"She" I pause to think. "She changed" I say in a surprised tone.

"Changed?"

"Yes, Apparently she said something happened between them and now she wants to stop him from his bad intensions"

"Can we trust your mother? Because I trust you"

I think hard but not long. I just knew that my mother was saying the truth. "Yes you can"

"Oh" she says in relieve. "Alright" she smiles "Anyway breakfast is ready"

"Okay" I nod my head and proceed to the stairs but stopped and turn around when I realised she wasn't coming with me. "Are you coming?"

"Oh! No I ate already"

"Oh okay" I nod my head again before walking down the stairs.

"Morning Angel" Asher's face comes into view as I step off the last step.

"Morning" I smile cheekily. "Oh wow" I say surprised as I sit at the dining table. "Mushroom soup in the morning?"

"Yeah" He smiles as he places the bowl of mushroom soup in front of me.

"Mmm smells good. Did you make this?"

"Yes"

"Can't wait to taste it!" I pick up the spoon in my hand and took a scoop at the corner.  I blow on it, cooling it before putting in into my mouth.

"Wow" I moan. "It's so good"

"Glad you like it" He pats my head, messing my hair a little before turning back to wash some dishes.

Knock knock

I stop eating and put my spoon down before walking to the door, opening it. To my surprise Theo and Divian was in front of me.