Chapter 34

Scarlett's POV

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Hi Divian!" I smile

"Princess?" He closes the door behind him. "What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be in this tower-

"I know" I whisper. "Can we talk? Are you free?"

He looks left and right before grabbing my wrists into his room. He checks again before closing the door. I made myself comfortable and sat on the chair. The room wasn't that big but it's good size for one person. There was a fire place in the middle of the room and one bed on the side. The desk was on the other side of the wall and there's was another door to the bathroom.

"So what did you wanted to talk about?" I asks as he pulls a chair to in front of me

"Okay so, I'm just gonna say this straight and I need to to answer me truthfully alright?" I say

"Um alright" he says confused but listened.

"You work basically behind the scenes and you know a lot of things" I pause to lick my dry lips. "I want to know my parents are doing"

"Wait, that is private information princess! I-I'm sorry but I don't think I can give you anything-

"Please Divian, you don't like what my parents are doing right?" I put my hands together like I was begging him.

"Well I- yes I don't like it" he sighs

I bite my lip. "I know it's all of a sudden, I am so curious to know what my parents have been up too since I heard so much from the people outside."

"So you heard?"

"Yes I heard but I want to know when it started and why?"

He scratches his head trying to think. "I know you are their daughter and you deserve to know it but what are you going to do when I tell you?"

"I Uh" I fiddle with my fingers. "I just wanted to know and you know, tell my parents that I know what they are doing and stuff and hopefully they will stop for good and that, I don't have to marry prince." I laugh lightly

"This is not a funny matter princess" he looks at me with a serious face.

"I know" I mumble. "I just really want to know" I bite my cheek. " I need to know"

He sighs heavily. "Alright. Well it's definitely going to be hard to explain."

I sit closer to him.

"Princess I- I don't know much about your parents but I know they did terrible things" he gulps. " about your marriage-"

"I know that one" I sigh.

"You know?"

"Of course I do, it was an arrangement between my parents and Jason's parents. It was like a contract, if we were to get married, than this will show peace on both sides." I pause and took a breath. "But I don't love him and at the same time, I don't want war"

"I can't believe they would do this to me. I know it is a tradition to have a arranged marriage but this feels so forced. I even feel that jaxon is pressured into this but I don't know exactly." I bite my lip.

" Well that is one part" he says

"What's the other part?" I ask

"Promise me you won't tell anyone?"

"I won't" I shake my head. "Even if I want too, I know I'll get you in trouble"

"Thank you princess" he smiles a little and looks to the ground thinking. "The other thing is, your parents made a system of classes"