Chapter 46

"Oh my goodness!" I shut my eyes close and out my hand on my heart steading my shocked heart. I just closed the door and I turn around to a huge man standing in front of me. Holy molly that scared me.

"I'm sorry to scare you your highness" The man says.

Did he call me Your highness? I look up to see the tall man dressed in a black suit and a black hat while holding a walking stick on one hand. He looks around his 40s. His eyes were blue and he has the most smoothest skin I have every seen with a nice color of tan brown.

"Are you alright?" He rests his hand on my shoulder and I just nod.

"Yes I am and not to be rude but who are you?" I manage to speak up from the shock.

"My name is Philip your highness. I was one of the man that fought the other guards while you and prince Jaxon Hop off" he explains.

"Oh I see well thank you for helping me" I smile "so what's brings you here?"

"I have to speak with urgently relating to things back home"

"What?" I gasp. "Is mother okay?"

"Uh yes but if we could talk more privately..."

"Yes this way" I ask him to follow me and of course I bring him back to ashers home. I know what you are thinking, You think I'll just trust someone I don't know? Of course I wouldn't but the good thing is they always wear my family crest on their shirts so is easy to identify them.

"Scar? Your back" Asher face lights up as soon as he sees me. Never fails to make me smile too. "Oh and this is?" His eyes changed targets to Philip.

"I'm Philip" He replies with smile.

"Oh I'm ashe-

"Asher? Is that correct?"

"Ahh yes Scarlett must have told you"

"Actually no" he looks at me smiling mischievously before looking back at asher. "Everyone knows about you now apparently"

"What?" Asher gulps his saliva nervously.

"Uhmm don't worry it's not about you, you know?" I nudge Asher. "A thief" I whisper into his ear and quickly smile while facing Philip.

Philip gives a weird expression before shaking his head while smiling. "I know you also did some some things"

"Uhhum what?"

"You are making it so obvious" I roll my eyes at Asher.

"It's alright I won't get to that anyway I'm sorry to budge into your home, I needed to speak with princess Scarlett privately" he taps the stick on the ground causing a effective silence.

"Oh! Who do we have here?" Grace happily walks down the stairs and proceeds to us.

"Philip. This is Grace also known as Asher's mother, Grace this is Philip"

"I recognise you" she darts her eyes at him and try's to recall.

"Do I know you?"

"No we haven't met but I feel like we met before, you are one of those special guards aren't you?" Grace asks.

Special guards?

"Oh you could say that" Philip laughs lightly.

"I'm guessing you were someone from the castle?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Yes I was, well a prisoner" Grace softens her voice.

"I'm very sorry. My king and Queen has made foolish decisions but no fear, I'm here to help"