Chapter 23

"Asher?" I say surprised. "What are you-

He grabs my hand and pushes me behind him. "I'm borrowing her for a while" he says as he looks intensively into theo's eyes.

Theo frowns. "What are you doing with her?"

"I just want to talk." Asher says simply.

"Scarlett are you okay with this?" Theo asks me and I look over Asher's shoulder. "Yea I'm sure" I was sure but I was scared at the same time. I have no idea why Asher wants to talk to me so suddenly. Is he still mad?

He closes his eyes for a brief moment before opening them. "Alright. I'll be in my room. So I won't be able to hear anything" Theo says and proceeds to his room.

Once Theo door closes, Asher lets go of my hand but doesn't face me.

"What's-

"I came here to-" he cuts me.

"Wait stop" I say now cutting his sentence. He turns around to face me. His eyes were swollen and slightly red. Has he not been sleeping? "I want to apologize " I take a breath. " I did not chose wise words and hurt you. You have every right to be mad at me" I look down. "I'm sorry for what I said, I never meant it." I bite my lip. "I said that because, I was scared" I frown. I take another breath. " and I didn't think straight but don't get me wrong, I"m not trying to make excuses because what I did was a pure mistake"

He just stares at me not saying anything. He face softens a little and he sighs. "You are a good person Scarlett" he says catching my attention. "Though, when you said that, I was seriously hurt, there was another side of me that I couldn't be completely angry with you" he pauses for awhile. " I just knew you weren't like this, you wouldn't say something like that. You were just pressured by everything going on now." He takes a breath. "Though it still hurts a little" he gives an airy laugh. "I forgive you"

"Y-you forgive me?" My eyes widen.

"Yeah" He looks at the side before looking at me.

I don't know why but I feel tears forming in my eyes. "You are a good person ash." I smile trying to look like I wasn't crying. "And I don't deserve this." A sob comes out. "I hurt you-

"Yes you did" he sighs "but I can't help myself but to forgive you." He rubs behind his neck. " I can't live in anger all the time." He looks down.

I let out a breath and I feel a tear rolling down one side of my cheek. "Why do I feel like this?" I wipe my tears away as I feel butterflies in my stomach.

"Sorry what?" Asher looks at me

"N-nothing" I shake my head and wipe the tears dripping down my cheeks.

"Hey" he comes closer and I look at him. " it's really okay"

"Really?" I ask

"Really" he breathes

Victoria's POV

It's been a day after the incident and I and still having mix feelings. A feeling of betrayal and guilt. I really do admire Scarlett as my friend but but when she is in a murders family. I have a feeling that she might be a spy and all of this guards are a set up, but at the same time, she would have killed us by than.

Though the times we spent together were so real. Like friends would do. It feels so wrong but right at the same time. I have never acted like this in long time. It happened when my father was killed by them. Many men were killed because the king wanted power. Even baby boys could be killed but so far only adults and teens has been gone. I'm so glad to be a woman but we should do something about it.