Chapter 37

Asher's POV

"It's not that big but you can take the bed, and I'll take the floor." I say as I let him into the room. Thank goodness I pack my room this morning but my table is looking a bit crazy.

"Nah size doesn't matter" he says and proceeds to lie on the bed. "Thanks" he says and closes his eyes.

"Uh" I was about to say something but he was already snoring. I wanted to tell him I always need to do some work. No I don't have a job yet but, I have been writing stories and hopefully one day people can get to read them.

It's almost evening already and the Sun is starting to set down. I went out of the room and close the door to give him some quiet time. I walk down the stairs to sit in the chair next to the couch, where Scarlett was sleeping soundly.

I just observed her beautiful red brown hair, her smooth lips, fair skin and than her bandaged arm. I am honestly still mad that her parents would do this. I wonder what happened though. And prince Jaxon helping her is so wonderful. I would have thought he would be on her parents side or something.

That reminds me, I remember my mother telling me that weren't her real parents. I still don't understand where her parents are originally from. Now I understand, living in a royal family, can be good but dangerous at the same time. It's not all about the money and gifts but the people and the values. How they treat people is what's make them dangerous.

It's still crazy to think that they would do that to her, hurting her till she bleeds? What exactly do they want? When the world hears this, they will definitely gonna overthrow them into the abyss.

Scarlett's POV

"What if I said I wasn't your mother?"

I gasp and found myself sitting up gasping for air. As soon as I noticed I was still in Asher's home, I immediately calmed down.

"Are you okay?" Asher comes to me and touches my forehead, probably checking my temperature. "Hold on" he tells me and goes back into the kitchen.

My mother is lying, there's no way she wouldn't be my birth mother. If she is not, wouldn't my grandmother would have known since it's her mother? I'm so confused.

"Here drink this" he comes back and hands me a cup of warm drink. "It's barely. Drink it slowly" he helps raises the cup in my hands to my lips and I take a small sip. The warmth of the barley makes me feel more relaxed. What in the magic is this drink?

"Thank you" I say softly. My head starts to spin a little making me grab the sofa to balance myself.

"You are running a fever" He tells me while gently putting my hair out of my face.

"Am I?" I look at him, now feeling drowsy.

"Your injury has probably caused it. Don't worry, with plenty of rest, you should feel better" he smiles.

"T-thank you" My cheeks starts to blush. I think he notices how close we were and he quickly turns away and went back into the kitchen. What I didn't realise was, the sky was dark. What time is it? Midnight? I look to the clock on the wall and it was 4:57 am in the morning. I gasp in shock.

" Asher" I call him

"Yeah?" He comes out from the kitchen to me.

"What are you doing up?" I ask him feeling concerned.

"Oh don't worry, I just couldn't sleep and also" he pauses to look up to think. " I didn't want to leave your side"