Chapter 32

Scarlett's POV

I open my eyes slowly and sit up. I feel a tight bandage around my stomach and feet as I start to move. I was on a my soft bed which I never thought I would be back on it. It feels weird to wake up to this instead of asher's house.

Memories of Asher and the others start to play in my head as I stare into the air. I was soon distracted by the door opening and my helper, Emily comes in. She has been my helper for quite a long time. She came exactly when I was 14 and till now, she has been helping me.

You could say, I am not very close to the maids here because I like to be with myself but for Emily, because she is my personal helper, we are quite close but I won't say close like sisters yet.

"Princess you are awake" she closes the door and lays food on the table. Usually, I would wake up feeling refreshed despite knowing I will be always alone. This time, it feels different, I'm not feeling fresh at all. I feel depressed? Sadder?

"It's dinner time and, you have slept through so I'm sure you are pretty hungry" she opens the cover revealing chicken porridge. She puts it in a tray and puts it on my lap.

I don't know why but I have no energy to whatsoever do anything or even talk. I'm tired if fighting. Maybe I should have just stayed quiet all along? No, that's not right. You are not thinking straight Scarlett.

"Is everything alright?" her voice brings me out of my thoughts and I look at her.

I look back at the food and take a scoop before putting it in my mouth.

"Be careful it's hot" she warns me too late. I cough and quickly gulp it down my throat. Oh great, I was stupid not to know it was gonna burn my tongue.

"Are you alright?" she bends forward to look at my face. I just nod my head and take another scoop, this time blowing it to cool it down before taking another bite. I rest my hand on the side of the tray as I feel something missing.

"Princess?" She calls me and I look at her. "Do you need help with your food?" She says with her voice shaking slightly. She looked nervous and looked around not knowing what to do.

I stare at the bowl of porridge as memories of me eating bread most mornings with Asher and Theo. I miss that. I want bread but I can't waste this. I sigh.

"Um princes-

I quickly gulp the food down as fast as I could and didn't left any grain in the bowl.

"Oh- you must be very hungry" she laughs nervously. "Here use this too-

I turn to her, giving me a tissue to clean my mouth but by than, I have already wiped my mouth with my hands.

"Uh" she puts the tissue away slowly. "Oh right, I almost forgot, I already got the bathtub ready for you"

Bathtub? I smell myself and noticed that I was stinky.

"If you would like to take your bath now, let me help you" she insists and puts her hands out. I just ignored her and got on my feet and slowly walk to the bathroom.

"Um are you sure you'll be okay?" She asks worriedly while watching my every move. I'm sure I got this, it's not that hard. It's not like I broke my toes and I can't walk. Why is she so worried?

I was about to reach the door of the bathroom room when I feel my head going dizzy and I fall on my knees.

"Princess!" She gasps and helps me up.

"Are you alright?" She says while panicking a little. She touches my neck and forehead. "You are burning! Come on, I'll help you shower, and you can go and rest"