Chapter 20

Scarlett POV

My eyes flutters opens but soon to be blinded by light streaming through the window. I put my hand out to cover my eyes and get up slowly. My room door was open and the house was quiet as usual. I got on my feet and went ti the bathroom to brush my teeth before heading downstairs.

"Morning" I say almost making Asher choke on his tea.

"*cough* M-morning" He turns around and wipes his mouth with his back hand.

"Oh I'm sorry" I quickly take a towel and wipe some of the tea liquid of his face.

"I can do it" he grabs it quite forcefully and wipes his face. I just stood there surprised by what he did. It was a bit weird off him but I shrug it off.

"By the way" he turns around to face me. " are you feeling better?"

"Yea much better actually. I still can't believe I slept through" I say amazed with myself.

"Yea after lunch, you just went out" he takes a sip of tea.

"Did I miss anything?" I ask

"Oh N-

KNOCK KNOCK

"I'll get that-

"I can get it" I say and ran to the door.

"Um okay never mind" Asher was about to walk to the door but steps back.

I open the door and the next second was in a tight hug.

"Are you feeling better?" Victoria squeezes me.

"Y-yea Much better but I think I can die if you hug me this tightly" I struggle to say and she pulls back.

"Oops" she laughs. "That's great to hear, you don't look pale anymore!"

"Yeah" I smile. "All thanks to you and Asher" as I said his name I turned back to look at him. Our eyes connect for a moment and I swear I just saw his eyes glitter for a second before he turned away, breaking the eye contact.

"Oooh" Victoria hums as she made her way in and she closes the door.

"Hm?" I look back at her.

"Is there something going on between you too?" She raises her eyebrows and smirks.

"N-no" I shake my head.

"I'm out" Asher says and goes to his room.

"Hahaha" Victoria laughs.

"Hey it's nothing like that" I whisper

"Why are you whispering?" She laughs again. "Okay okay, I was just teasing you" she takes a breath, "since you are alright now, Can I get going with Issac?" She smiles brightly.

"Of course you can. Have fun!" I nod

"Thanks Scarlett." She hugs me again but this time not too tight. "You are the best you know?"

"You are sweetest you know?" I pat her back. We release the hug and she leaves. "Bye" she says before the door closes.

My stomach rumbles telling me to get food. I took my time to spread some strawberry jam into the bread and sat at the table to eat. I unknowingly fiddle with the necklace I'm wearing and outlined it with my fingers.

About a minute later, I hear some noises outside the house. It was like many horses are gathered. I was always full of curiosity and so I let it take me there. I open the front door and peeled my head out. I was still chewing on the bread and I almost chocked onit when I saw my parents in the village with guards.