Chapter 68: Martha's Vineyard

Michael is taking Deena to our summer house in Martha's Vineyard he bought her a beautiful engagement ring.

He has talked to me and his dad about his plans for the proposal and I have to say he definitely has his dad's romantic side

Michael's POV:

I am heading to Martha's Vineyard and Deena will arrive later that evening. I told her I needed to go earlier so I could air the house out. When actually I had to get ready for tonight. I did tell her to change into her dress when she arrived here so we could go straight to dinner.

I just arrived at our house and started setting up. I opened a few windows to let in the cool ocean air. I placed candles around the dining room, I sprinkled rose petals leading to my room and in the hallway. I saved a few songs to a playlist and prepared our dinner.

I was cooking her favorite meal chicken marsala, a mix of boiled vegetables, with salad, and breadsticks.

Everything was on and should be ready about the same time she arrived. I showered and dressed for the evening wearing my dad's apron on top so I didn't mess up my clothes. I placed the remaining rose petals from the entryway to the table and from the table to the hallway. I lit all the candles around the room.

Just then I heard her car door shut and I placed the food on the table and walked to the front door. 

I opened the door and smiled. "Good evening beautiful. Please come in and have a seat."

"Hey, baby. What is all this? Michael this is beautiful. I thought we were going out for dinner?"

"I decided I would prefer to stay in so I made your favorite dish and figured we could have a nice romantic evening alone."

"Wow, Michael this is so sweet." She kissed him and he led her to the table. They sat there eating and having a nice conversation."

After dessert, Michael took a deep breath and stood up. He walked over to her side and helped her up. He got down on one knee.

"Deena Marie Knight you have been an amazing girlfriend for the last two years. We have had an amazing time together. We make each other smile and you brighten my day. I fell in love with you the moment I first laid eyes on you in my sister's dorm room.  So will you please make me the happiest man and be my wife?"

"Yes, yes, yes Michael Dugray I would love nothing more than to marry you. Oh my goodness I love you so much, Michael. Now get up here and kiss me." Michael stood up and she kissed him.

He placed the ring on her hand. "Let's take a picture so we can send it to our parents. I'm sure mine are climbing the walls waiting to hear from me. Can we facetime both our parents? I asked your dad for your hand in marriage."

"Yes, we can Michael. The ring is so beautiful and my exact size."

"I know I borrowed one of your rings from your jewelry box and took it with me to the jewelers. That ring is insured and I have a certificate with it."