The Escape Room

This concept was actually requested by four people, so I'll just combine them into one idea.

Requested by @killuaolgy, @Alex_Aizawa, @NashehaHaron, BingBongCheerios, and @ARandomPersononWatt

also the last tpn episode broke me even though the anime stopped following the manga. i could feel emotional when i want to, okay?

genre-modern high school au, fluff

f/n-friend's name

(f/n)'s pov:

Those two idiots.

I regret all my choices leading up to this point. I regret being an honors student, I regret joining council, I regret going to highschool; the list could go on.

But why, of all people, did I have to witness the coldhearted tension between them?

Honestly, everything was going so well, till Ray took Emma on a date to the carnival. Not like I was against it, I'm only a background character in this high school romance plot I'm narrating. But, he really shouldn't have told (y/n).

I knew her since elementary, and I could read her like a book. She had feelings for him, I could tell. Even if she didn't want to admit it.

And I could definitely tell she felt envious when he told her that.

"Did you know Emma and Ray are dating?" (y/n) informed me. I was reading a horror manga, and it was going to reach the intense part. I shook my head.

"Why would they be dating?" I murmured. "Doesn't Emma like Norman?"

"I don't know anymore!" she said. "He just, asked her out today!"

"So? That doesn't mean they're dating," I said, a little unfocused. "And (y/n), why do you care so much? Do you like Ray?"

"What?! No! Why would I?!" she sputtered as I stifled a laugh. She really is a terrible liar.

"Whatever you say," I said. "Just be happy for them. I wouldn't care less if they did, but you're a different story."

She was not happy when I said that. However, Ray, being as dense as ever didn't even notice. Although he might've noticed, but didn't say anything. He's cunning like that anyways.

And, (y/n), being the person she is, asked Norman if he wanted to go with her to the carnival. Of course, he accepted because he's a nice person. I hope he really is though.

I often ask myself, why did I have to be included in this mess of romance and secrets?

Besides the whole carnival incident, things have been a little strange. (y/n) and Ray were being very distant for instance, and had as much camaraderie as a slice of cheese.

Because a week later, on my shift, I had to witness all four of them register for the couple's escape room.

"Name?" I asked quietly tapping into the device. Being everyone's personal therapist, I basically knew everyone's life issues. Like two weeks ago, Norman told me how he liked Emma, but he didn't know if she liked him back. Four days later, Emma said that she had a crush on Norman, but thought he had feelings for (y/n).

So I take it back, being a background character in this highschool romance story does have its perks.

"Oh, Ray and Emma," Ray said. "Although you should know (f/n), you go to school with us."