Not an update but still a story??

(!TW: May give sensitive themes!)

This is really random but two months ago, for one of my school electives, I had to create a short story about autumn. So I kinda made an Attack on Titan/The Promised Neverland crossover-inspired angst. At least I got an A. 

So since it's The Promised Neverland inspired, I guess I'll publish it here and see what you guys think. Consider this as a social experiment of whether I should write more angst, even without requests.

Nothing in The Promised Neverland or Attack on Titan was mentioned here, since only the monsters and desire to survive influenced me to write this, so nothing in this story actually happened in the manga. 

There's also no spoilers because I didn't include any names or events so anime-only watchers, you're safe :)

Part 1-The Summer War

They wanted to give up. The troops were all exhausted. But rest for a mere second, sudden failure would meet them. There were only twelve warriors left. The soldiers who gazed at Death in the face. The warm heat of the day before marred their vision. But they all could sense in front of them their companions' sacrifices. All twelve of them looked into the sky where a purple curtain dotted with stars stood over them. The smell of iron filled the air.

    Just a little more, they all knew. They knew that the season change was their enemy's weakness. They just had to hold on a little more. It wasn't easy. It was like a clock was ticking down. The flesh-eating monsters were just too strong. Now there were eleven, ten, nine, and eight soldiers alive. They saw dirt mixed with sweat covering their faces, as the reflection glinted on their blood-stained knives.

    Terrified eyes shone in the night. The number of times they witnessed their comrade's blood splatter on the ground traumatized them, their soul leaving their lifeless eyes. Tears ran down their faces as the warriors themselves stabbed their daggers down the monster's back. The blood mixed with dust, sweat, and tears. They couldn't do anything but fight the demons feasting over their friend's corpses. The mutilated bodies were enough to haunt them for eternity.

   There were seven, six, no five left. Three boys and two girls. Mere teenagers. They chose to enlist against the demons because they believed they had nothing to lose.

    They were scared of dying. They wanted to live until they were old. The five children all grew up and matured in less than one night, finally knowing the dangers of the outside world. The group knew exactly what they were facing but still chose to fight because it was free will. They had free will to know what they wanted, and they did. They decided to win the war.

    They felt the unavoidable pain as the continuous rage filled them to attack. They remembered the ache they felt when they realized more were taken away. They remembered how their family was stolen from them. Lastly, they remembered the feeling of victory when they realized they had a chance to win.

      Only three were left when the children noticed something. Leaves were drifting to the ground as the monsters lost the war because of the transformation of weather. Nothing was left when the season changed. The bloody wasteland vanished and was replaced with red falling leaves. Autumn had arrived. 

Part Two-The Aftermath of Fallen Leaves

      The summer war officially ended, right on the day, Fall has taken over. After many years of harsh battle, the elite warriors were able to proclaim victory. They won proudly, trudging home. The leaves crunched under their stained boots. They witnessed everyone cheering for them, music playing in the background. Children walked up and thanked them shyly. The soldiers in return saluted them. But it was bittersweet.

      Only three warriors came back. Two boys and one girl. All teenagers. The rest deceased in battle. Their sacrifice was greatly appreciated. When the three soldiers went home in their assigned dorms and when they were hidden from the large crowd outside, one of them immediately broke down and cried on the floor. She knelt down on the wood planks and tried to wipe her tears. The two others comforted her as they also cried over their fallen friends. The trio looked out the window where red and yellow leaves carried away in the wind. They heard birds chirp and sing.

        The group stood up from the floor and walked out. They knew they should have felt joyous for they finally won the war, but all the soldiers just felt melancholy blooming inside them. They walked out and expected the crowd cheering them on, but no one was there like it was all a dream. They wished it was a dream and that their companions were all still alive. From the training facilities where they first met, to the battlefield, where they witnessed their family perish in front of their eyes. The trio did not know why they were the ones who were able to come home and not their departed confidants.

      The smell of fall and fresh breeze wafted in the wind. One of them breathed in the air while tears filled his eyes. All of them lost someone important to them and they just had to suppress that memory deep in their souls. The three walked silently up a hill, where they quietly dug a hole and buried their friends' belongings. They let their intentions rise to the sun, praying they have a better life.

      They all looked up into the distance where purple mountains gazed upward on the horizon, as the changing trees looked over the serene, blue lake below them. The orange poppies swayed in the slightest gale, as black ravens flew in the air. Yellow butterflies danced together cheerfully, while silverfish swam in the water. This is what heaven looked like. If only their companions could've seen it too.

       The orphaned soldiers knew nothing beautiful could stay forever. They knew that from the start. Like the seasons transform. How new beginnings flourish, and things are taken for granted after. How life transforms in front of their eyes, and drifts away. Just like the fallen leaves of autumn. 

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I have no idea what this is either. But I hope you enjoy it even if it's not related to Ray in any way, shape, or form. I'll still be doing a one-shot or headcanon next week.  

Have an amazing day/night, and remember YOU ARE LOVED!

Peace!