The Emerald Gem

Requested by @uwuislife_oxo.

genre-angst

(This will be kind of like Violet Evergarden if you ever watched it. Although some ideas will be changed :))

Author's pov:

(y/n) woke up that day, and went outside. Surprisingly, her lieutenant was in front of her door. He smiled and waved.

"Good morning, (y/n)," he said with a nod of his head. "Have you been well?"

"Very much, sir," she replied. "What's that you got there?"

She motioned to the slip inside his hand. "Oh, nothing. Just a letter to your father, can you give it to him please?"

She smiled and nodded. "Of course," she answered as carefully took it. She said her goodbyes to her major, before entering her house.

"Father! Lieutenant was outside and has a letter for you," she stated handing it to him. (y/n) was the daughter of the ailing regiment general, who has been sick for quite a long time. 

"What's this?" he stated, his voice muffled. He gingerly received the paper, and (y/n) helped in opening it. Her father reached for his spectacles and carefully put them on. She tried to glance at what it said, while his eyes quickly scanned the words.

"Attack..., Northern Tower...., grenades..., peace," she heard him say. "Oh, how sweet of him." So the Lieutenant is planning to surprise attack Lambda at the Northern Tower?

"I see," he replied, smiling as well. "Well tell him that I approve, and can you also give this message back to him?"

"Of course," she said, walking out. "Thank you."

Sometime later

The lieutenant's house was a short distance away, and only about twenty minutes away. (y/n) arrived in no time. She knocked on the door and was welcomed to Miss Isabella.

"Hello, Miss," (y/n) said, holding out a letter. "Can you please give this to your son?"

"Why, good morning, (y/n)! It's a pleasure to see you again," she said, inviting her for a cup of tea. "Ray is inside, you can give it to him personally."

"Oh, thank you, but I better go back," she answered politely refusing. As much as she wanted to have a friendly chat with her, she needed to go finish her chores. 

"Ah, that's okay," Isabella said. "Ray! Your friend is here to see you!"

He came down, and he was in his uniform. The medals glinted on his jacket as he stood on the stairs. In contrast, (y/n) was wearing her forest green regalia, which was two sizes larger. She was an orphan, that showed great exceptional capabilities, which was why the general took her in. 

"Lieutenant, a letter," she said, holding it out for him. He nodded in thanks and gently grasped it from her. (y/n) watched as he read it as well. Isabella left to get petit fours. His eyes widened and narrowed, as (y/n) wondered what her father wrote. He smiled for a second, before feigning seriousness. 

When he was finished, he closed it and placed it on a glass table next to them. "Thank you again, I hope to see you tomorrow."

"The same to you, Lieutenant," she answered as she left the door. "Have a nice afternoon."

Well, time to do chores, she thought. She had her basket next to her, so she was able to swiftly visit the market to buy some bread and cheese. Don knew her personally since they were childhood friends, so he always gave her a discount.