Flower Breathing

Requested by hoshiimlk

genre-fluff, demon slayer au

note- ray uses flame breathing, and (y/n) uses flower breathing

Ray's pov

After fighting the lake demon from the forest, Norman, Emma and I got split up. I guessed it was the cause of blood demon art, but I'm not sure.

After walking alone on a trail with my sword poised in front of me, I felt a thump behind my back. I turned around, and it was a girl. I almost hit her with my sword, so I quickly put it away. She was wearing the demon slayer uniform, and I recognized her from Final Selection.

She had (h/c) hair, and bright (e/c) eyes. The crown of her hair was adorned with a butterfly clip, like the Hashira that helped us by the lake. Her mouth was a thin straight line, and I received a stoic cold aura from her.

I remember seeing her at the beginning of the Final Selection, and after, she was one of the only people that had survived. "Good morning," I greeted her politely. She must have gotten lost too.

"Good morning," she answered. She walked the opposite direction, so I followed her. "Why are you behind me?"

"What mission did you finish?" I asked. She seemed to not be comfortable with my presence, so I backed away from her.

"The green lake one," she replied monotonously.

"Me too," I said after. She didn't respond after that.

For a while we walked together, and I broke the silence.

"What's your name?" I asked her. She seemed to be thinking of whether she should answer, but she eventually did.

"(y/n)," she said quietly, looking at the ground. "I'm a Tsuguko."

"I'm Ray," I said. "I'm not sure what a Tsuguko is, so can you explain?"

"I trained under a Hashira. The insect pillar to be precise," she elaborated. "I was taught to become a demon slayer ever since."

"Your breathing style must be interesting then," I stated. "Say, are you a flower breather?"

She looked at me in surprise. "I am, how did you know?"

"I remember seeing you in Final Selection. Your form was beautiful, and you were one of the most agile people I ever seen," I said. She smiled a little. "I don't forget things like that."

"Thank you," (y/n) answered. "That's one of the nicest compliments I received."

We walked again in quietness after that.

A few minutes later

The trail was quite tranquil, and we were soon accompanied by our crows that said to go to the red flower fields. Apparently, a demon there took intelligent children, trapped them there, and ate them. Scary.

"So, I guess we'll be fighting together," I told (y/n). She nodded and looked forward.

In time, we reached the fields. There were boulders surrounding it as well. "Is your breathing any beneficial right now, since we're covering in flowers?"

"I don't think so," she said. "However, my eyesight is enhanced when I use specific forms. I don't like using is, because it's really risky."

Our conversation ended when we heard a loud rumble about thirty feet away. I hope Norman and Emma are safe, or eventually found each other. (y/n) and I unsheathed our swords and carefully crept toward the sound. I held out an arm for her to stop moving, for I could sense the demon's presence.