The Medical Textbooks

Requested by luffyyouidiot

genre-normal au

I don't know if this will have a lot of context, but please enjoy??

(y/n)'s pov

I woke up one day, greeting my family in the bunker. We've been living here for a few weeks and nothing has changed. Well, nothing has changed until two seconds later of leaving the room.

"AHH (Y/N)"S DYING!!!" Lanni screamed. I clearly wasn't, so I just stood there. "A serial killer must have stabbed her last night!"

"No I'm not you moron, what are you talking about?" I asked in confusion. Am I getting pranked? I thought.

"Does that mean she's a walking corpse now?" Yvette said with wide eyes. 

Ray walked forward at the scene. He looked blankly at me. He looked down and blinked. 

"(y/n)'s not dying," he stated. "Here come with me."

Ray took my hand and led me back into the rooms. I heard the murmurs of some of the kids as I walked back.

"Do you think Ray's the serial killer?"

"Maybe he'll come for you next."

"No, I haven't lived past ten yet!"

"(y/n), look down," Ray said. I did slowly and was surprised by what I saw. There was a red stain on my white skirt in front of me. Was I bleeding?!

"Oh my, I think I am dying," I muttered as I inspected my back. "Am I a ghost then?"

Ray sighed. "If you were a ghost then I wouldn't have even held your hand."

He then gave me a pastel blue paper package. "I found this in the bathroom cabinets, so just use it for the time being."

"How?" I whispered, taking it slowly. It wasn't a complicated device. I opened it, and it looked like a white cloth with some adhesive on the back. I sat down on the toilet, inspecting the object Ray gave. 

"Go to the bathroom and put it on," he said once more. "I'll wait outside."

"Get the pad out and stick it in your underwear," he yelled from outside. "Use the wings in the back to make it secure. Make sure it's not upside-down. And when you're done, wash your hands and come out."

What the heck, I thought as I followed his obscure directions. Where did he even learn this? How did he even learn this? Better yet, how did I not know about this?!

I came out, after washing my hands thoroughly. "Ray, it feels weird," I admitted. "It's like bulky."

"You'll get used to it. Here, look at this," he replied. He handed me a medical textbook and told me to flip to Chapter 9, passage 28. I did as he asked and he watched as I read closely. 

A few minutes had passed till I finished reading. I'm still processing the fact that I get about 3-7 days of painful death every month. "So you're saying guys don't deal with this too?" I said quietly. "That's not fair at all."

Ray shrugged. He sat down next to me, and I thought if the others were still outside. 

"How do you even know this?" I asked, kind of weirded out. Last time I checked, he wasn't a girl, so I was wondering why Ray knows this. 

"I have my ways," he answered vaguely, laughing a little. "I'll take care of you for the rest of the week."

He brought me up to my feet. "Why are you being so nice all of a sudden?"

He smiled. "Because I don't want you to kill me while you're raging hellfire on us." 

"What?"

"Yeah."

Extended ending (no one's pov)

"You think they're still in the room?" Alicia asked Emma. "They've been in there for over thirty minutes."

"They probably fell asleep into each other's arms again," Chris answered. 

"Watch them get married after we escape," Thoma added. 

"I honestly wouldn't be surprised," Emma replied. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has no context whatsoever actually. But I hope you enjoyed this kind-of-not-really short humorous one-shot.

Thank you for 141k reads and have a splendid day/night!