30.

We left the clinic, hand in hand. Damn, my life is full of surprises lately. You'd assume I was in like some book or something. Michael was silent ever since the nurse confirmed the twins, which was odd. We went home, not breaking the silence and heading into the house. Little Nirvana pranced at our feet and followed us until we made it to our room. Michael sat on the bed, face in hands, looking really stressed. For the first time since leaving the clinic, one of us spoke.

"Michael?" He looked up from his hands and stared me in the eyes.

"What, Amber?" He sounded annoyed, I took the spot next to him on the bed.

"Are you alright?" I rested my hand on his leg, finally stopping it from bobbing up and down.

"No, A. I'm not okay. We're having twins. Okay? That's a huge responsibility, that I think neither of us are ready for. It's something that will add so much pressure, and stress on to our lives. We'll have a full apartment! Me, you, Luke and these two little ones. It's going to add so much." His eyes averted mine as mine started to water.

"What are you saying? What do you suggest I do? I can't just give one of them up, Michael! Lord knows this is my only chance I may ever have and-,"

"Amber! I get it, you had cancer! But you can't keep using it as your excuse to keep the babies. You know it too. And I'm not asking you to give one of them up, but I'm asking you to consider every possible option. Like maybe getting a job and having people help us, or staying here, or getting an abortion, something. I can't be this worried about our future, Amber. Other kids are age may be worrying over something like their college choices and what they want to do with their lives. But what am I stressing about? My girlfriend who was raped by her psycho ex boyfriend, is pregnant with twins, that aren't even mine might I add, and is insisting that we keep both of them when she very well knows that it's getting harder and harder for us to even get jobs to make money!" By now, the tears were free falling.

"If your girlfriend is a little too high maintenance for you, I'm sorry. But you were the one who chose to date me!" I yelled. His family wasn't home, which was great, so they wouldn't hear our arguing.

"Yeah, not sure why anymore!" He yelled right back. I jumped off the bed, tears starting to pool in my brown eyes, causing my vision to become blurry and fuzzy. After Michael realised what he said, he reached out for my arm, which I yanked out of his reach. I turned automatically. I slid my sweater on, and grabbed my earbuds. I practically flew out the door, wiping away the tears. Before I placed my earbuds in, I heard a loud smashing sound and turned to see Michael through the window running his hands through his hair. I shook my head and continued to walk, letting him deal with it.