Chapter 7

I told Ashton everything, long story short, he was just as confused as me.

"Can you maybe talk to your teacher, I'm pretty sure if you ask, she could maybe give you a new tutor..."

"I don't think she would."

"I don't understand why he'd do that. It's his lost, he doesn't understand how amazing you are." He rested his hand on mine, then pulled it off quickly, his face turning a tomato red. He rubbed the back of his neck, giving a shy smile. "Hey! if you want, maybe I could tutor you...?"

"I don't know, I mean Mikey-uhm Michael is already pissed at me..." I warned. I poured the green liquid into the purple, causing bubbles to form into the beaker. I felt Ashton's stare the whole time. I ignored it the best I could, finishing the lab with ten minutes to talk. I looked over to Ashton.

"You know what, let's do it. I'm okay with it, and clearly Michael doesn't want to hang out with me anymore anyways. Swing by my place around 4:30 ish?"

Ashton smiled and nodded, just as the bell rung. I scribbled my name and number on his hand, telling him to text me later for my address.

.

.

.

I just finished pulling my hair out of its ponytail, letting the waves fall naturally. The bangs were out my face, and I decided to reapply mascara and my lipgloss. Just as I put the brush back in its 'tube,' the little bell rung, signalling that Ashton was finally here. I practically ran out of my room, shooing Luke off the couch. I pressed the little button, letting Ashton in, just as Luke rolled his eyes and strolled into his room.

"Hey Amber. You ready to study?" Ashton had clearly put a tiny more into his appearance as well, even though it was obvious he didn't need it. His curls were a little more in place, and he wore his glasses instead of his contacts, for once. He knew I thought they looked adorable on him. He also put a tasteful amount of cologne on, making him seem even more attractive, if it was even possible.

"Yeah, I have a feeling that I'll learn a lot more with you instead of Michael, and his constant arguing." I smiled and held the door open for him a little wider. He laughed a little and walked in, mumbling a 'thank you' as he came in.

"So where'd you wanna study?" I shrugged.

"Maybe the couch? If that's good with you." He nodded and set his stuff down by the couch. He grabbed a tub of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream from his back pack. I squealed and looked at him with big eyes.

"I thought you'd do that, that's why I picked some up on my way." He gave a sweet smile as I smiled. I got up to grab spoons, and as I came back, the tub was open, and Ashton had left a finger print on the top. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Sorry, you took forever." He giggled. I laughed and set the spoons on the table, but not before swiping my finger across the top and laying it on Ash's nose. He crossed his eyes, then looked back at me, with a smirk evident on his face.

"Oh you're gonna regret that." He teased. I giggled then popped up, starting to run. Shortly after, he started to run up to me. He chased me for a little before he finally caught up, and grabbed my sides, pulling me into his front. He spun me around, tickling my sides. I laughed and started to fall to the ground. I laid there, with Ashton hovering over me, still tickling me. He stopped, his hands on either side of my face. I calmed down my laughter and finally looked up to see Ashton not even inches from my face. Our lips collided and for the first time today, I didn't think about Michael.

He lifted me up, his hands holding me up, my legs wrapped around his torso. Our lips still connected, he lifted me up onto my kitchen counter.

My phone rang, making me and Ashton break free, both of us groaning simultaneously. I picked up my phone, looking at who was calling me. I let Michael's ringtone fill my ears, waiting to see if there was anymore notifications,

4:31 Clifford: where r u??

4:35 Clifford: R we still on for tonite?

4:40 Clifford: hello????

4:46 Clifford: answer your damn phone amber!

4:52 Clifford: aMBER ANSWER

4:54 Clifford: i called 4 times, R u alright?

4:58 Clifford: babe, i'm sorry.

5:03 Clifford: that's it, i'm comin over

(5) missing calls from Clifford.

I shrugged, and looked at the clock. 5:10...Then I looked back to Ashton, grabbing his face close to mine and returning to our make-out session.