29.

I had woken up before Michael did, and ran to the washroom, vomiting in the toilet. I was wondering when the morning sickness would finally kick in. I shut the door, and turned on the fan so Michael and Luke wouldn't hear me and wake up. I rinsed my mouth and started to stretch, mainly by cracking my neck, which felt fantastic. This baby kept making me feel tense. I shut off the fan and turned off the light, heading into the living room. It was only 8 am, so I decided to call the clinic.

"Hello, you've reached LA Pregnancy Clinic, my name is Jessica. How may I help you?"

"Hi Jessica. Um, my name is Amber Hemmings, I came in last week? Yeah, I'd like to schedule an ultrasound today, if that's possible."

"Okay, is all of your information the same?" Her cheerful voice made me annoyed for some reason. No one should be this happy this early in the morning.

"Yeah." I played with my nails and sat on the couch.

"Alrighty then. Reason of an appointment?" I could hear her tap the keys the keyboard.

"Oh, I'm just a little concerned. It's probably nothing, but I was wondering why my baby bump is so large at only 2 months? And I was also experiencing extreme changes... in almost everything."

"Okay then. The earliest we have is 9:30 am. Is that an okay time?" I nodded, then realised she couldn't see me.

"Yep."

"Awesome. So we'll be seeing you soon!" I hung up the phone and continued stretching, until I felt like throwing up again. I ran to the bathroom, forgetting to shut the door. Michael ran in a few seconds later, rubbing my back soothingly with one hand and holding my hair up with another.

When I was finished, I sat up and flushed. I started to flutter my eyes shut. Michael ran out of the room and returned with a glass of water. "Are you telling better now, Amber?" He continued to rub my back.

I set the cup down on the little counter by the sink. "Yeah, Michael. Thank y-..." I leaned over the toilet, throwing up again.

I really hate morning sickness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting a nice, relaxing warm shower and brushing my teeth, removing my mouth of the foul odor, I got changed in leggings and a baggy sweater that covered my stomach, even while I was pregnant, and flicked on the TV. Michael said that he was planning to go and try to find a job so we could get our own place soon, and then I told him about the appointment.

"Did you want to come with me?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" He looked at me puzzled.

"Really? I just figured, considering that the kid is even yours-..."

"That I wouldn't want to go? Amber, don't be ridiculous. This baby needs a father. And she, or he, cannot know what a jackass their real father is. They can't know that they weren't planned, and they weren't made from love, they were made from lust. Okay? We have to pretend that I'm their real father, for his or her sake. And for that to happen," Michael slid on his shoes. "I need to act as if this baby is mine. I'll love him or her just as I would my own kid." He smiled and gave me a sweet kiss on the lips, then kissed my baby bump. I held his hand as we walked to the car, bracing the clinic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we had entered the clinic for the second time, it seemed so much more calm. There was a few pregnant women, but no crying mothers, and I was thankful because it'd make me a lot more nervous if they were here.

"Amber?" The polite lady called. I could tell by her voice it was the same woman I talked to on the phone.

I squeezed Michael's hand and tugged him along with me. He shook his head, but that's when Jessica piped up. "You can come with her, if you'd like sir..." She smiled. With that, he pushed himself up, following me through the hallway, not letting go of my hand.

Jessica automatically placed the cool gel onto my lower abdomen, making me flinch, yet again. Michael was sitting in the chair next to me, letting him have a good look at the screen, even though I couldn't.

"Alright, let's took a look here." She placed the little wand onto where the gel was placed. I watched her reactions. She squinted a little at the monitor, then backed her face up. "Miss, who was the last person to give you an ultrasound?"

"I have no clue. She had long brown hair, and she convinced me out of the abortion I had planned." Jessica looked closely at the screen again, and slid the wand to the far right side, then the far left side. I looked to Michael's reaction, and his jaw was dropped.

"Miss Hemmings, I know why you're stomach is larger at only 2 months..." She smiled brightly at Michael and I.

"Why?" She turned the monitor so I could see it.

"Congrats, you're having twins!" I looked at the monitor and saw another little silhouette of a baby, becoming more visible as she moved the wand around on my stomach.

"How? How did the other two nurses not see the other baby?" I sat up, feeling ready to vomit again. Twins. Twins. Oh my god.

Jessica turned off the monitor, and started to wipe the gel off of me. "Well, the second baby is a little smaller, and you seemed shocked when I moved the wand to the far sides. I guess the second one was just a little camera shy and the nurses aren't very good at ultrasounds." My eyes widened and I looked up at Michael, who was just as shocked as I was.

Merry Christmas Eve?