Chapter 12

A/N: I realised I never showed what Amber looked like. Well here you go. She is GOALS omg. I had made a mistake in the last chapter, I meant Brown hair. Amber has brown hair, Belle has red, and Carter has blue. I keep forgetting these XD

I smirked as guys stared at me in the hall. I don't know what I did differently. I put my hair up into a ponytail today, and I didn't bother with as much makeup. For real. Guys wouldn't be paying this attention to me if I did a lot more with myself. Maybe it was the outfit? Maybe someone said something. Oh well, I kind of liked the attention, I'm not gonna lie. On a regular day, I'd barely get a few glances. Today, guys were staring. I'm just not gonna question it, it may never happen again.

I waved bye to Calum as I head into my first period. I was so not ready to see Ashton today, but a little before we dated we picked each other as lab partners. Well shit. Now I have no choice but to talk to him. I got there before him, so I proceeded to persuade my teacher if I could switch lab partners.

"Well, may I ask why?" She questioned.

"He's kind of... Maybe... My ex boyfriend and I just don't want to deal with all of that today. Look Miss, I've had a rough few weeks and I don't want to deal with more drama." I pleaded.

She sighed. "Alright, Amber. But I pick your partner. Lucky for you, a student named Michael is moving into this Honours class. You'll be his partner."

No. No. No. No. This can't possibly be the Michael Clifford. "What was his name again?" I croaked.

"Michael. Michael Clifford. Do you know him?"

"Somewhat." I huffed. The teacher directed me to where I'd be sitting, so I slowly stumbled my way to the desk just as Ashton came in. He gave me a small smile and waved. I returned just as the bell rung. As usual, Michael came in late. I rolled my eyes as the teacher pointed where he'd be sitting. I saw his eyes light up and a small smile spread across his face, until he saw my hardened expression. His eyes then shifted to floor, and the smile faded. He shuffled his way to the desk and sat down silently next to me. I then pulled out the lab instructions and got to work. I watched as Michael scribble onto a piece of paper quickly, and slide it over to me. I looked down and read his somewhat decent handwriting.

"You look pretty today." It read. I smiled and looked over to Michael.

"Thank you." Michael's face brightened once I spoke. I guess he didn't expect me to actually talk to him. "Today was my 'barely trying' look. But I've been getting more looks today then I've gotten in a while."

"Because... You're beautiful." Michael stuttered. "I broke up with her. Emily, I mean."

"I broke up with Ashton." I accidentally whispered.

His face lit up with happiness. "So, you found out?"

"About....?" Then I remembered why I yelled at him last night. "Oh, um. I didn't break up with him because of that. I need a break from guys for a while. But are we still on for studying today at my place? 5:00? I'll order a pizza and invite Minnie to eat whatever we won't?" I let out a little chuckle. "And we don't speak about what happened yesterday, erase it from your mind."

He sighed, and mumbled a barely audible, "What if I don't want to?" I let it slip, just because he clearly thought I didn't hear him. He then turned to me and smiled. "Tonight at 5:00 sounds good, but let's study before we invite Minnie over."

I nodded and got started on the rest of the lab, this time Michael helping me out.

The official countdown to retakes of the exam, starts now.

Days until retakes: 10