33.

"Oh my god, Michael. Stay there. I'll be there soon. Just stay on with me ok?" I held the phone to my ear even though I knew the line had died. Luke gave me a confused look.

I sped out the door and jumped into one of the cars Michael's family owned, a red convertible. I shoved the key into the slot and sped down the street, hoping to get a good look of Michael. I dialled the phone again, it rang almost to his voicemail. "Michael, you there?"

"Yeah. Are you almost here?" He sounded like he was in pain and had been crying.

"Uh huh, Oh my god I see your car." I slammed on the gas and met his car. I hung up and ran out the car. I dialled 911, and told them where we were, as I pulled Michael out of the flipped car, and rested him on my lap. He attempted a smile, and then his expression fell back to pained.

"Stay with me. Ok, you'll be fine. Do you hear that?" The ambulance sirens increased in sound as my tears fell on Michael's face. "That's the ambulance baby. They'll be here in seconds." He nodded and looked straight up at me. He blinked a few times, and I was so focused on when they were going to get here, I didn't even notice they did get here. A female paramedic lifted him onto the gurney.

She asked me, "Did you want to ride with him?" I nodded and climbed in. I held his hand most of the way, until the female paramedic from earlier told me to stand back. "We are losing him!" She grabbed the medical defibulators, and yelled "Clear!" His heartbeat came back to normal. I let out a huge sigh of relief.

When we made it to the hospital, I had to sit in the waiting room. I called Luke and let him know the situation. He was upset on the other end, and said he'd bring Michael's family. I sat there with my elbows resting on my knees, with my face in my hands.