Chapter 8

Needless to say, Ash spent the night.

No, we didn't do anything, we just slept into the same bed. Michael never showed up, and honestly I was glad. I'd rather be with Ashton, even if when I get back to school all of the girls hate me.

Shit, school! I jumped up, running to my dresser in my tank top and shorts. Ashton rolled over and yawned, moving his arm over to my empty spot, shuffling the arm everywhere. He let out a deep groan into the pillow as I slid my black skinny jeans on. I let out a chuckle as I sat on the bed, tying my shoelaces. I shoved his arm with my hand, making him turn to me, rubbing his eyes then yawning again.

"Ashhhhhhh...." I whined. "We're late for school." As soon as Ashton turned on his stomach, I straddled him, giving him a peck on the lips. His arms wrapped around me, letting him form a pout. "It's like 9. We have missed like 1 1/2 class periods."

"We can skip?" I looked at him, my eyebrow raised. I mean, we could, but I'm just not sure about it. But....why not?

"Ok, but we have to do stuff today. I don't want to skip school just to stay home all day." He looked like he was thinking, but then nodded.

"I kinda want to go home and grab another shirt. I don't feel like wearing flannel two days in the row." I got off of Ash, then bounced over to the dresser, where his flannel laid. I tore off my tank top, then slid the flannel on. I buttoned it up, and looked back at the wide eyed, jaw dropped Ashton. I blushed and looked down, realising I changed in front of him.

"Well, good. You should go get another shirt because I'm wearing this today." I looked back up at the now standing Ashton.

He strolled over to me, then whispered "Keep it, you look better in it than I ever did." He bit his lip, walking out of my room, in just his skinny jeans. Last night, he said he could be bothered to take them off, and that they were 'comfortable enough.' He grabbed the muscle tank that he wore under, and grabbed his keys. He gave me a short kiss on the cheek, and told me he'd be back. After he left, I started to get ready. I applied a light coat of makeup, and let my waves stay natural. I put my hair into low pigtails, and just ran a brush through. I smiled at my reflection, then went to watch TV. Ashton pressed the little button, making a loud ring fill the apartment. I pushed myself up and off the couch, then let him in. He had his nirvana shirt on, and the same black skinny jeans, he also put his contacts in.

"Hey, grab your phone, and let's go." Ashton looked really excited.

"Okay, what are we gonna do?" He just kept smiling, "fine, I'm going to go get it." I giggled and walked over to my room where my phone was charging. Of course, as soon as I walk in, Michael's ringtone fills the room. I decide to not be a bitch and answer.

"Hello?" Michael's voice croaked. He sounded exhausted.

"Hi, Michael..."

"Amber! Oh my god!! How are you? I was worried because I haven't heard or seen you since yesterday morning."

"Wow... Clingy much? Michael, I don't need to talk to you everyday. Listen, maybe I'll call you later, my boyfriend is taking me to a surprise."

"Boyfriend?" He croaked. "Oh, wait you mean the guy you were making out with on your kitchen counter?" My eyes went wide. So he did come over, just through the fire escape. Where I couldn't see him. But he could see me...and Ashton. I was speechless for a moment.

"Yeah, you know what Michael, Ashton is here so I've gotta go. I'll talk to you maybe later."

"Your boyfriend is A-A-Ashton?" He choked out. He sounded as if he was gonna cry.

"Bye Michael." I hung up, sliding down the wall with my hand covering my mouth. He was so rude to me before, I was just returning it, and I still felt like shit. I composed myself, then slid my phone into my back pocket, meeting Ashton outside my apartment.

"Hey, who were you talking to?" He asked kindly.

"Oh, no one." I shrugged, letting him lead me to my 'surprise.'