31.

I wrapped my sweater tightly around me as acoustic SWS music filled my ears. A snowflake fell from the ground and landed lightly on my nose, then, as if almost on instinct, I licked the tip of my nose, catching the snowflake on my tongue. When the guitar finally silenced, I pulled my phone out and sat at the bench right by the park, where a ton of little kids were playing and their mothers were shivering, waiting for their kids to realise how cold it is. I went on to my illegally downloaded music, and saw a song I had never seen before.

"Everything I didn't say," I whispered, I didn't really want to click it. Michael had a little notebook filled with song lyrics, and I took a small look at this one. Just as I was about to click it, I felt a small tug at the end of my jacket. I looked over to see an adorable little girl. She had the brightest blue eyes I'd ever seen, and her golden hair was in a bun on the top of her head, little curls peeking out, which made her look even cuter. I swear to god, she's like the female version of Lucas. Her little button nose was pink, and it matched her jacket and little mittens. She looked to be 5 or 6, but yet this girl was even prettier than me.

"Hi, I'm Lola." She smiled brightly and turned to face me. "What's your name?" She held out her little mitten to shake.

"I'm Amber." I smiled to the little girl and shook her hand.

"Are you okay?" She suddenly turned very concerned and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Um, I'm not sure." I scratched at my sleeve, slightly pulling it up accidentally as I did so. "Are you-?"

Before I could finish my sentence, she shuffled closer to me, and pointed at my sleeve. "What is that?" When I shook my head, she took matters into her own hands, and lifted up my sleeves. "Hey, I've seen those before. My older brother said mean people put those there, and that when they were mean, you'd be mean to yourself. And then if there were too many, you had a choice. Go to a doctor, or go on vacation. I liked the vacation one more, and so did my brother. I don't know when he's coming back, but I miss him a lot. Please don't go on vacation. Please?"

"I won't. Your brother sounds really smart." I smiled, and gave her a big hug.

"He is. I think you'd really like him. I'll tell you when he gets back from vacation."

"Lola!" A tall woman with blonde hair similar to Lola's stomped her way over to us. "What did I tell you about talking to strangers and running off?" She bent down, her face automatically becoming sympathetic.

"But she's not a stranger. Her name is Amber, Mommy." She smiled and gestured to me, still on the bench. The mother turned to look at me, and smiled.

"I'm so sorry for whatever annoyance she's brought to you." She shook her head and laughed.

"It's totally okay. I love kids. Well, I must be going back to my... family. Have a nice Christmas." I smiled and waved. "Bye Lola."

"Bye bye Amber. I'll let you know when Miles comes home." I looked over to Lola's mother, who looked slightly upset but still managed to keep a small smile. As I started walking down the street, I heard tiny feet follow my steps. I turned around, and it was Lola again. I took her hand and brought her back to her mom.

"Here, can you put your number in here for me please? I'd love to have you babysit Lola for me sometime. She absolutely adores you, and I think it's because you remind her so much of Miles. He was only 19." I could see her tearing up as I dialled my number and saved it under my name.

"I'd love to babysit Lola. She's the cutest thing." I smiled again hand handed her phone back to her. "Well, I really must be heading back. Bye again!" I started down the street again, and made it down one street before plugging in my earbuds, to make Lola wasn't following me. Without thinking, I clicked on Everything I Didn't Say. It expanded the song title, and in parentheses it randomly said "Calum, Mikey, and Luke unedited."

This is everything I didn't say

Wait, don't tell me, heaven is a place on earth
I wish I could rewind all the times that I didn't
Shown you what you're really worth

The way, you held me, I wish that I had put you first
I was wrong I admit, numb from your kiss
While you were slipping through my fingertips

Calum's voice rang through my ears the rest of the way home. I had to apologise to Michael. I just didn't know how to word it.