Chapter 24

Morning sure does come quick when you are nervous.
Last night definitely didn't make it any better.
I showered and pulled on my jersey.
It was definitely oversized since the all belonged to tall muscular guys.

I made my way to the locker room and waited for Omar

I made my way to the locker room and waited for Omar. I really wanted to apologize for stringing him along. I really get bad.
I became very impatient and pushed the door and went in.
"Hey! No girls allowed," the boys called out.
"Nothing I haven't seen before," I said and continued to walk until I found Omar at the back.

"Hey can we talk?" I asked as I found him shirtless in his jersey shorts. He's hot. I was definitely drooling on the inside.
"Don't have the time," he said as he ignored me. The other guys had already disappeared.
"Omar I'm really sorry. I agree I should have told you," I said.
"Ok. You've apologized. You can go now," he said coldly. I looked at him hurt. I guess that's how he felt too. "You don't have to worry about me telling anybody. I won't."
"That's not why I'm here," I said.
"Can this please wait until after the game. I already have enough on my mind," he said.
"Yeah," I said and turned and left.

We walked onto the court. I could hear laughter and whispers echoing.
We sat on the bench and I looked over at the other team. Some of the boys were laughing and looking at me. It was then I realized all this chaos was because I'm a girl.
"Teams to the court," I heard a man say and we all ran to him. "So the other team is raising an issue about the female on your team."
"What?" I asked.
"We ain't gonna play a girl," a guy from the other team said.
"Why not?" I heard a very familiar voice say. I looked in his direction. I smiled at him.
"Well he's the captain. He doesn't have an issue. Neither should you," a man said who I assume is his coach.
The teams started to move back to their places.
"Thanks," I said as I walked up to him.
"No problem," Davian said and smiled at me then ran back to his team.
Did I mention I got even more nervous. I know Davian's skills. He pretty much trained me to this point. I was just praying I wouldn't play.

The game began and I could fee the tension. I was nervous. Many passes and hoops later we were at
Talmont University- 10 & Toronto University- 12.
I was the only other extra on the bench. I was praying no one else got injured. *whistle blow*
My eyes shot up to the ref and then to coach. Another player injured.
"You're time," Carter said and I nervously walked on. I stood at my place. The whistle blew once more and the next thing I know I was on the floor.
I heard footsteps. I looked up to see Davian and Omar over me.
"You ok?" They chorused.
"Yeah," I answered. Davian reached out and pulled me up.
"Listen. You gotta remember everything I taught you. Ok. Remember that trick?" Davian said with a smile.
"Yeah," I answered smiling back.
"Get em girl," he said and ruffled my hair.
The whistle blew again. I was now holding the ball. I looked at Davian and we both nod.
I started out and as they came towards me I caught the ball and went the other. My trick is that since I'm short no one would ever imagine I'd try to make a hoop, but I did.
Screams filled the court. No we didn't win but at least I made a hoop. We lost 11-12.
I stood on the side as the guys from my team congratulated me.
"Must say I'm impressed," Omar said.
"Thanks," I replied.
"I'm guessing he's the guy that trained you," Omar commented.
"Yep," I replied.
"That's was amazing!!" Davian shouted as he lifted me off the ground.
"Thank you!" I said as my smile broadened. I was happy he was speaking to me.
"Nice to see you," he said.
"You too. Oh ahh this Omar. Omar this is Davian," I said as I introduced them.
"Nice to meet you," Davian said as he shook his hand. "Boyfriend?"
"Ahhh no. Just friend," Omar confirmed.
"Still?" Davian said and looked at me.
"What?" I asked. He shook his head. "That."
He pointed in Carter's direction.
"Wait it's been that long?" Omar asked.
I held down my head.
"Davian please," I said.
"No worries. Your life. Your decision," he said with a look that just seemed as if he was saying I'm done with you. "Anyways where's Sharon? Or have you dropped her too?"
"I didn't drop you Davian," I said very hurt from his words.
"So you don't know?" He asked again.
I shook my head as the tears built in my eyes.
"No Davian. I don't know where my best friend is. Wherever Drake is you'll find her. She has not time for me since we started college," I said and walked off.
"Kiara wait," I heard him say but I just kept walking. He caught up to me. "Will you just wait."
I spun around and faced him.
"Look I'm sorry but a man like that cannot be good. He's was preying on a teenager. I just thought you'd see that," he explained.
"I didn't. I'm sorry. After what you did about me finding a guy who's not in high school or college I just thought he could be that guy," I explained.
"Oh. I put that in your head. I'm sorry," he said.
"Not your fault," I assured him.
"So what's this about Sharon?" He asked.
"Well.... from the first day we moved in and I walked in on her and Drake I don't really see much of her after that... it's mostly hi and bye," I explained.
"Davian!!! We're ready!!" I heard his coach shouted.
"Coming!" He said and turned back to me. "Can we talk over the phone?"
"Sure," I said and he gave me his new number. We hugged and parted.