Chapter 31

"Don't scream," I heard the voice say. It sounded very familiar.
I spun around. "What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you too," Brian said as I looked at him shocked.
"Again what are you doing here?" I asked.
"So is this your place? Got some nice stuff," he said totally ignoring my question.
"No it's not. Can you please leave," I said.
"No," he said with a laugh. "You used to adore me. Found someone new I can see."
I just rolled my eyes.
"Whatever. Anyways, I came here for some nice things and I'll be leaving with that. Show me some valuables," he said.
"No," I said with a laugh.
"I wasn't asking baby girl," he said now pointing a gun to my face.
I turned and walked as he pushed me upstairs.
He first head for my room.
"I'm guessing this is your room," he said as he stood over my dresser.
"Why do you think so?" I asked.
"You kept the bracelet I gave you," he said holding it up. He walked over to me and pinned me against the wall. "Have you thought of me lately?"
"Not a chance," I said.
"Really," he said and kissed my neck.
"Stop!" I cried out. He was really strong. Even stronger than I remembered. He grabbed me and shoved me to the bed. I kicked and screamed.
"Will you stop squirming," he said.
"Please stop," I asked as tears built in my eyes. He looked at me then released me. I was shocked he did. I sat up and looked at him.
"I'm sorry," he said then slid against the wall to the floor. "Ever since that night I left, I've been on the run. I can't settle down. I messed up K. I really did. I tried impressing you and made my fantasies get the best of me. I threw my life away."
My heart felt bad for him.
"I'm sorry to hear that," I said as I sat beside him. "But this isn't helping Brian. This is making everything worst."
"I know. I hooked up with a girl and got her pregnant and she is quite demanding. So if I can't provide she's gonna take me to court and you know what that's gonna lead to," he explained setting the gun on the floor. I saw his eyes tear up. I pulled him to me and he cried in my arms.
"What's going on?" Davian said as he walked in and saw us.
Our eyes shot to him and Brian got nervous. He grabbed the gun and held it at Davian.
"Brian stop. Please," I cried as I stood beside him.
"Wait... your ex-boyfriend. What is he doing here?" Davian asked.
"He came to visit," I said. I was trying to convince him that Davian knew nothing so he could just walk out.
"Visit?" Davian asked not convinced.
"He needed some help with cash. I'm just helping him out," I said.
"Oh. Ok," Davian said.
I took up my purse and handed Brian some money.
"Just go," I said. He looked at me and down at the money.
"Thanks," he said and hugged me.
"Please stay out of trouble," I said and he nod and ran.

"What the hell was that about?" Davian shouted angrily.
"Will you calm down," I said.
"Kiara Leanna Morgan. Don't you dare tell me to calm down. I come home and find you hugging that guy in my house," he said now furious.
"So when it's convenient it's our house, but now it's your house. I see how it is," I said and walked off.

"Kiara we're not done here," I heard him say as I reached the kitchen.
"Well I am," I said ignoring him.
"Kiara. Kiara!" He shouted and I turned to him.
"What?!" I answered aggressively.
"Why do we have to always argue?" He said looking at me. I looked up at him and sighed. "This is exactly why I didn't tell you how I felt. I don't want to loose you as a friend."
"I'm sorry. He actually broke in," I started. He looked at me.
"What?" He said.
"Yeah. Ahhhmm. So he broke in and he was about to rob us and might almost have raped me," I explained. He immediately got angrier.
"What the fu**?" He yelled.
"Please let me finish," I insisted.
"Go ahead," he said with folded arms.
"He's going through a lot and he need money to take care of his child or else she's gonna take him to court and if he goes they are gonna put him away for him running away from arrest and stuff," I continued.
He looked at me and shook his head then leaned on the counter.
"You don't owe him anything you know," he commented.
"I know. I just wanted to help," I ensured.
"Ok," he said.
He pulled me to him and hugged me.

"I don't want to fight with you again," he said

"I don't want to fight with you again," he said. I released him and looked up at him.
"I don't want to either," I said. He smiled and brushed his thumb against my cheek and kissed me.

"I love you and I want you to know that," he said

"I love you and I want you to know that," he said. I watched as he reached in his pocket and knelt. Oh crap! Oh crap! What the hell is happening. "I was gonna wait, i need you to know how much I care about you. Will you marry me?"
I looked at him and my eyes began to water.
"Yes," I said softly. He slid the ring on my finger then stood to face me with a ear to ear grin.
I jumped to his arms and he hugged me tight.
"I love you," I said as I squeezed him.
"I love you too," he replied.