Chapter 28

Sharon's parents were furious and a bit disappointed. But they supported her. She'd continue to go to college.
The summer was really good. The three of us spend it together going on adventures.

We went back to college and the time ran quickly. Sharon's baby was born. Davian and I were the god-parents. She had to sit out a few months after the birth so she'd be graduating after me.
Omar and I kept our relationship strong for the most part, but because I refused to have sex, we drifted. I really wasn't ready to have a kid so I stayed away.

I ended college with a first class honors degree in business management. I was happy to finish.

Since graduating, Davian moved away to work and I tried searching for a job. I realized Davian was the owner of a business firm and I decided to apply. I really didn't want him to hire me because I'm his friend so I left his firm for the last resort. Many person opted not to hire me because of lack of experience.

I pulled on a black long sleeved turtle neck and black and white plaid pants with a pair of red heels.

I grabbed my red handbag and head there

"Send in the next person," I heard his voice say and I was directed in.
"Good morning. resume please," he said without looking up. I quickly handed it to him. He took it the his eyes shot to me the minute he saw my name. He smiled from ear to ear. "Kiara."
"Hi," I said smiling. He dropped the papers to the desk and hurried to me and hugged me.
"Why didn't you tell me you needed a job?" He asked.
"I didn't want you to hire because I'm your best friend," I responded.
"Are you kidding. You are pretty much qualified and I know I can trust you," he said and I smiled. "You're hired.
"Thanks," I said and he smiled.
"So you have a place to stay? Or are you searching?" He asked.
"I'm searching," I answered.
"Great. I'm searching for a roommate," he said with a smirk.
"Ok. When can I move in?" I asked.
"Right now if you wish," he said after reaching into his pocket and held out a key. I giggled.
"You missed me that much?" I said as I grabbed.
"You have no idea. This job is stressing as is. Having a familiar face around is really nice," he said. We talked for a few more minutes catching up. He also informed me of the rules of the company and what I'd be expected to do.

It's the end of the week and I was now packed and ready to move in with Davian. I start working on Monday, so I have the weekend to prepare. My dad dropped me off at the house and helped to bring my luggage in. The house was huge. The exterior was painted in a light brown color and black.