Chapter 14

'Wait... you're a... what?'

'I was once a watcher.' Xisuma repeated. 'And I know how bad they can be.'

'Really?'

'It was when I was a teenager - before Hermitcraft was a thing... I grew up the void, the land below the world, so there were quite a few watchers there. I woke up one morning with a mask, a sword, and a note saying to put on the mask. So I did...' Xisuma paused as though it was hard to keep going. Scar was just staring at the ground. 'I lost control of everything. My actions, my thoughts. The watchers made me destroy my home, and kill my family. I would've succeeded, if my brother hadn't stopped me. He pulled off the mask, and took the blame.'

'You have a brother?' Scar interrupted quietly. Xisuma nodded.

'Yes. I let him take the blame for everything I'd done wrong. And then I ran away to Hermitcraft, ashamed, and every time he tried to find me, I would ban him, or trap him, or continue to make him the bad guy...'

'Wait... is Evil X your brother?'

'Yes. Xamphe, Evil X... whatever you want to call him...'

'I'm sorry... I had no idea...'

'No one else knows any of this. It's my darkest secret.'

'Then why did you tell me?' 

'Because you needed to hear it, and it was the only way I could stop you.'

'Stop me... from doing what?'

'From killing me, and growing into the monster everyone thinks you are.'

'But... but I'm not a monster! I'm not the bad guy! Why does everyone think that I'm in the wrong?! Oh, I'm the power-hungry mayor destroying the environment because I prefer grass! I'm the secretive government hiding aliens from the world! I'm the evil businessman capitalising on everything...' Scar burst into tears again. 'Why am I always in the wrong?!'

'Then prove that you're not.'

'Everyone will still hate me. Tango, and Iskall... they want revenge for what I've apparently done. Doc was ready to kill me when he told me about... you know what... everyone else is avoiding me...'

'Grian still cares.'

'Well, Grian's... Grian.'

'And Cub?'l

'DON'T MENTION CUB!' Scar snarled. Xisuma stepped away.

'I'm sorry.'

'YOU SHOULD BE.'

'Scar, calm down... I understand why you're angry.'

'NO YOU DON'T YOU LIAR! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW I FEEL AT ALL! HOW MANY OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS HAVE YOU LOST?!'

'I LOST MY BROTHER. I'VE SHUT HIM OUT SO MUCH AND NOW HE'S GONE.' 

'WELL I DON'T CARE! YOU HAVEN'T LOST YOUR TWO BEST FRIENDS, HAVE YOU?'

'I'VE LOST MORE PEOPLE THAN YOU COULD EVER KNOW!'

'CUB WAS CLOSER TO ME THAN YOU UNDERSTAND! AND YOU KEPT ME FROM HIM! IT WAS JUST LIKE MY NIGHTMARE!'

'I WASN'T GOING TO STOP YOU!'

'THEN WHY DID YOU TELL ME NOT TO GO?!'

'I DON'T KNOW!'

At that moment, Grian burst into the room. Scar stopped shouting. Xisuma grabbed his helmet and pulled it on.

'What in the name of Queen Elizabeth's shiny crown is going on it here? Why were you shouting?'

'Why did you come back in?' Xisuma shot back coldly. Grian frowned.

'Bro, whatever's going on, don't take it out on me. Scar, what's going on.'

'I shouldn't say.' The mayor stared at the ground.

'Are either of you going to say why you were screaming at each other? I came in to see what was going on, and to stop either of you from dying!'

'It's none of your business.' Scar growled. 'And-'

Before Scar could finish talking, Xisuma's communicator flashed red and buzzed loudly. All three hermits stared at it. X looked at it. 

'Someone's trying to break into the server.' He looked up at the other 2 as he said it.

'What?! It must be the watchers.' Grian began to panic. 'No. Stop. Don't let them get in.'

'There are 2 of them.'

'2 watchers?!' Grian paced the room. Scar watched him, clearly knowing something the others didn't. But neither were watching him. The beeping quickly subsided, and X calmed down again.

'They're gone.' He confirmed. Grian sighed, relieved. 

'Can I go off now?' Scar begged. 'And is Cub still...?'

'I left Doc there. Hopefully he hasn't.... got rid of it.'

Scar nodded, and scarpered. But he flew back to his base first, and tried to get connection with the mysterious prisoners. 

Hey. Hey! Weird prisoners!

What is it? 

You just tried to get into the server, didn't you? 

What?

You just tried to get in. Xisuma - the admin - just stopped 2 people from entering the server. It was you, right?

Uhh... wait a moment.

Scar paced around the magical village, as the connection broke off for a moment. The voice came back after what felt like eternity. 

Scar, I just asked the prisoner that's in here with me. They're as confused as I am. 

What? N-no... you're not telling me that-

Scar, we never tried to get into your server. 

This chapter was pain to write.

And it's still not very good. 

And it's short. 

And I really hope the next chapter ends up better.