Part 9

When he made Kao get out of his room, Kao couldn't step away from the closed door. He heard War crying even if he was trying to be as silent as possible. He didn't know why Yin and War were fighting and why both had red,  teary eyes but it must've been something very serious.

War didn't go to school. Earth and Kao heard War turn off his alarm but he didn't come downstairs for school. They didn't say anything, they would let him have a day off. They went to work but told Milli to stay with him.

Yin told Fluke that he was feeling sick. He didn't want to go to school either.

"Today you have to go and sign up for the fundraiser" -Ohm said when Fluke was checking Yin for a fever.

"Can't I go another day?" -Yin said.

"No. It's today. You aren't sick" -Ohm said. Kao had texted him telling him that Yin and War had a fight and that Yin was on his way home. He wouldn't stay over.

"You probably didn't sleep well" -Fluke said touching Yin's face. "Go to bed. It's fine" -Fluke said. Ohm didn't object. Yin's eyes look like he had cry all night.

"Sleep some more and go to the company in the afternoon" -Ohm said and then left for work.

"You don't want to eat breakfast first?" -Fluke asked Yin but he shook his head and went back to bed.

He was in bed contemplating whether to call War or not. He tried to sleep but couldn't. He went downstairs to talk to Fluke about it.

"Apa" -Yin said walking in the kitchen. Fluke was trying making a new dish for the restaurant.

"Yes? How are you feeling?" -Fluke said cutting some peppers.

"Fine" -Yin said.

"Do you want to eat something? You can try my new dish" -Fluke said and Yin nodded. Yin and Fluke would always be the first ones to try a new dish.

"Apa. Can you call Uncle Earth and ask about War?" -Yin said sitting down on the counter stool.

"Why?" -Fluke asked concerned.

"We had a fight last night. It was bad. He yelled at me and Uncle Kao heard" -Yin said looking at the counter.

"What did you fight about?" -Fluke asked.

"Do you promise not to get mad and not to tell dad?" -Fluke said. Ohm would probably scold him.

"mm" -Fluke said.

"He likes me but different" -Yin said. He didn't know how to say it.

"I know" -Fluke said. He noticed it before and knew what Yin meant.

"The other day when we had dinner with North, he was really mad at me and I didn't know Ploy was mean to him. He thought that if he told me she was mean then I wouldn't believe him and choose her" -Yin said and took a deep breath.

"Would you?" -Fluke asked wanting to know if Yin would choose and believe that girl over War.

"No" -Yin quickly answered. He answered so fast.

"So he was really mad so I went to his house later that night and I--I kissed him. I wanted to do it. It was like an impulse but--" -Yin said. Fluke put the knife and peppers down. He was in shock.

"You kissed him on the lips?" -Fluke asked.

"It was a peck" -Yin said unable to look at Fluke in the eyes.

"But then I regret it because I knew how he feels about me" -Yin said.

"You don't feel the same way?" -Fluke asked. Yin and War were always so close.