Chapter 33- My Greatest Loss

Crash

I woke up. What was that sound? I hurriedly changed and woke up Chelsea. She grabbed our seraph blades, giving me mine.

I tried to open the door. "It's locked."

Chelsea summoned what looked like clay. She jabbed it into the keyhole, hardening the clay into a key. She turned it and the door opened.

We ran to the living and saw Ragnor blocking someone's attack. I can't see his face but he's wearing a cape.

"Ragnor!!"

I jumped down from the balcony and stood next to him. I saw under the hood of the figure's cape, pale skin.

"I'm giving you one last chance Ragnor Fell... where is the Book of the White? You better tell me for the sake of your friends here"

I pointed my blade at him. "Don't talk so smug stranger.... all three of us know where it is and we're not telling you"

Ragnor quickly shot me a look. I can't believe I just lied.

The figure chuckled. "Very well then"

He kicked me against the wall and sent a dark flame into Ragnor's chest.

"RAGNOR!!!!!!!"

Chelsea sent her monster at the figure. He killed it and started up the stairs. I jumped onto his back, bringing us down the stairs.

Chelsea sent doves at us. They started attacking the man, while some dragged me to Chelsea.

I looked at Ragnor. He was slowly trying to stand up.

Chelsea sent vines to bring him to us.

He was very weak. "Juliet..."

"Shhh, Ragnor... you'll be okay"

He pushed me off. A purple flame went into him.

I turn, seeing the figure out up his hood. I saw black hair. He looked at me with a taunt.

Ragnor grabbed Chelsea. He said something to her. "Logos"

I don't understand what it meant but Chelsea nodded, sending what looked like Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, at the man.

He froze. I think it'll buy us time.

"Ragnor what did you say?"

He smiled faintly. "She knows... Juliet...."

I knew what was gonna happen to him.

"Ragnor..."

"Can I feel your lips one last time?"

I started crying, but nodded, bringing my lips against his. Chelsea pulled my sleeve. "He got Shredder!!"

Ragnor held both of us. He murmured something, then his figure became blurry.

I screamed his name.

We suddenly popped in front of someone's house. I knock on the door.

I see a middle aged woman opened the door. She gave me a look. "Yes?"

I fell to the ground and started to cry. "Ragnor...."

She widened her eyes and brought us in.

The sun was barely rising.

"Here child sit down." I sat and so did Chelsea. We were both crying.

"What happened?"

"Who are you though? He sent us here..."

"I'm Amatis Herondale."

"I...I'm... Juliet" I said between gasps.

Chelsea said her name.

"Ragnor saved us from this guy... he killed Ragnor, Amatis! He killed my best friend!"