Chapter 57- The Demon From my Dreams

Angeline's cries went through my ears. Asmodeus' dark smile pierced the darkness around me. It was cold...Cold and lonely.

I knew I was dead.

I could still feel the pain on my back where Sebastian's dagger stabbed through. I remember Jace yelling my name... Jace... I'm sorry for what I've told you... even though you have Lilith's blood, you are more angel than demon.

Asmodeus' laughter stopped my thoughts. His eyes shown now. They were cat eyes. Golden with a hint of green.... They reminded me of Magnus' eyes.

Magnus...

I hope he can find Chelsea... whenever she is. I don't think she's dead but there has to be someone who's gone... I don't want none of them to be gone... Max... Izzy... Chelsea...

"Even though a demon is in your presence, you sure think a lot"

I look and see Asmodeus, staring at me. His cat eyes gleamed brightly with wonder. I felt my heart beat rapidly. I don't know what shocked me more.

To see a Greater Demon in front of me... or that my heart is still beating.

His eyes and smile appeared on a nice human face... A face that had the same complexion as Magnus'. A nice black tux with skull cufflinks adorned his body. He looked quite handsome... for a demon.

"So... you're still alive Angeline... I guess I didn't complete my task after all......" He lot up a cigar and started puffing. "You know if your mundane family hadn't intervened, you'd been a nice addition to the Morgenstern family. I do believe you and Jonathan are a much better pair than him and that Fairchild girl, Clary...."

"Jace?"

A little smirk appeared on his face. "You know you two have the same beauty... your children would've been the talk of the town."

"Enough"

He puffed again. "Ugh such things make me lose taste in smoking" He threw his cigar away. "Now Juliet... tell me... why do you love Sebastian? A terrible man I must say. But he did in some way keep the promise he made to you."

"Promise?"

"No harm came to her.. at least to her."

"What do you mean?"

He chuckled. "It's better for you to find out... now... how does it feel to love someone as disgusting as Sebastian?"

"Stop it..."

He came closer. "Aww how wonderful!! It hurts! Why? Because the day you realized your feelings he stabbed you in the back?..." He laughed. "And I mean that in the most literal way possible"

I went on my knees. "STOP!!!!!!"

I felt Asmodeus wrap his arms around me. "There there... there's nothing more revolting than to see an angel cry alone. It's more wonderful to see one cry with a Prince of Hell by their side."

His lips went against my ear. "Remember Angeline... Juliet... whatever name suits you for now"

"Jewel..."

"Jewel... I am now your little demon on your shoulder. I weigh you down and you'll listen to what I tell you. Who though, is your angel on the opposite shoulder?"

He disappeared, leaving a trail of smoke and his dark chuckle.

The darkness was back again. If I really am an Archangel.... why am I not in heaven then?.... is Lilith's blood weighing me down....

Who's my angel on my shoulder...

Ragnor's sweet voice made me forget the darkness. "Juliet... my little Angel"

Angel.....

"I am my own Angel... I'll listen to what I think because I'm the Angel on my shoulder."

Asmodeus' laughter cut Ragnor's voice. "That's good enough of an answer. Now go go! My son Magnus decided to revive you... I was just buying time for the heck of it....and umm don't tell him that you know I'm his father will you? He already has enough of no one knowing the truth already"

His laughter started to fade away.

The darkness started to slowly turn red. I opened my eyes slowly, getting stabbed with white light. Magnus' cheerful cat eyes accompanied his calm smile.

"Welcome back, Angeline"

*I won't be able to update for the next two weeks. I'm going for camp on the 16 of August and I need help prep... Then I got school and ugh so much drama >.<
I will try and write up two chapters so when I return, you can read :)
Love you all
Cheers!!!
-Amber *