Chapter 23- Castillo's Betrayal?

"Here is Épin al. We are about 100 kilometers away from Beffort."

"A hundred kilometers?!"

"Yep"

I groan.

It's been a few days since we left Troyes. And we still need a hundred kilometers?! Someone kill me... not literally though.

Chelsea's gets tired too quickly and the vampires take turns carrying her. They enjoy it when Chelsea makes little flowers pop up from the dirt.

When we reached the border of Épin al, we saw some officers lined along a blockade. Castillo swore under his breath. "Them"

"Who?"

"These bloodsuckers are our enemies. Well... until I sign the blood contact. But their conditions are harsh."

I look at them. "Maybe me and Chelsea can help"

He laughed. "I doubt it but it's worth a shot."

We all walk to the blockade.

This giant vampire glared at us.

"Castillo! It has been awhile! Have you shown your face to agree to our terms or to start a war?"

I spoke up. "Sir... the terms you have given are too harsh."

He laughed. "What? Just because I wish to have any human I want? And to have as many subjugates as I desire? Also for your clan to leave all mortals under my disposal?"

"That is preposterous! You are telling us to drop our protection for our humans and give them to you to eat?!"

Chelsea spoke up. "Why do you not eat animals?"

The man walked to Chelsea. "Because I prefer to hear people screaming.... you're human"

I widen my eyes. "Stay away from this mortal. She is mine."

"Yours?"

"I did not want her to turn. At least not at her age."

He walked up to me. "You're not immortal either... but you're something... Castillo, if you give me this girl as my own, I shall call off the conditions. We will have a neutral tie."

I widened my eyes at Castillo. "Please Castillo... don't do this..."

Castillo smiled. "Be strong. I know you can get out of this. I'll meet you in Beffort." He kissed my head.

"She's yours."

I hug my sister desperately. "I'll see you soon okay?"

Chelsea cried. "Juliet..."

"Go!" Castillo and his group ran, Chelsea cried out to me. "I love you Juliet!"

I felt a tear run down my face.

The guy grabbed me harshly and ushered me away from the blockade.

I look at the sky and let the tears fall. "I love you too Chelsea"

* This is a great way to kick off the New Year!
New things coming up like...
Drumroll please.....
THE PRODUCTION OF THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS TV SERIES!!!!! AND THE RELEASE OF THE FIRST BOOK OF THE DARK ARTIFICES!!!!!
Are you excited? Cause I am!
Happy 2015! Year of the sheep!
- Amber *