Chapter 58- Resurrection

"Welcome back, Angeline"

I looked at the warlock in front of me. "Magnus... how did... I was dead..." He snapped his hands and smiled brightly. "It was thanks to the Book of the White, Angeline"

"... why do you call me that?"

"Well it IS your true name... Though you don't look like an Angeline..."

"How..."

"Besides the fact that Jace kept blabbing it to me, I found it out by examining your blood. When I was checking it... I realized there was no mundane blood. At all... nothing... just angel blood. But it was covered with Demon ichor"

"Covered?"

"The Demon ichor was practically eating away at the Angel blood inside of you. It's probably the reason why your angel self is in a dormant state.... The demon blood inside of you is Lilith's blood as we know and her blood has unknown hazards when placed in a mundane, very less Nephilim. But in an angel.... It's turning you into a demon..."

"What..."

"I'm sorry ... Juliet the only way for you to lose the demon blood is to try and burn it away yourself... When you fought that rogue vampire clan, you lit up on fire... it probably burned most of the demon blood inside of you but... It's multiplying like crazy now...."

I tried to get up. "Gah!!! Ah... ow..."

"Don't get up"

"No shit"

"For an angel you have the tongue of a demon"

"Have you found my sister?"

"Chelsea...." He brought his head down. "She's off the radar...no she's not dead... She's nowhere near Alicante or Idris to be exact"

"Chelsea...."

"She's still alive maybe. But I can't detect a warlock of her age and power anywhere.... I mostly get demon readings"

"Have you checked them?"

"Yes... I'm sorry they were all demons... and...."

He went to a cabinet and opened the drawers, taking out some clothing. It was Chelsea's favorite blue shirt.... stains of black blood were splashed around it.

"Chelsea..."

There was a knock. Magnus opened the door. Jace came in, along with Clary, Simon and Alec. They brought a pair of crutches with them too.

I tried to sit up. "What's all this?"

Jace smiled and held me by the hand. "A thank you for saving my ass back there... I felt you die and trust me I felt like shit when we brought you here."

Clary chuckled. "We found these... don't ask where"

"You didn't have to.. how's your injuries?"

They shrugged. "Not as bad as yours"

Jace pulled me up slowly. "Come on Jewel. It ain't the same without you"

I felt pain go up my spine while he pulled me off the bed. He held my back while Clary handed me the crutches. Magnus kept looking at Alec, making him look uncomfortable.

I gripped the crutches and started walking. "Alright... thanks Magnus... for everything. Even if you couldn't find Chelsea. I thank you for reviving me..."

He bowed. "A pleasure to help an angel... I'll put that in my resume.. revived the Archangel Angeline"

As soon as we left the door, the stench of ichor slapped me in the face. There were demons on the ground, melting or already dissolved. Dead Shadowhunters were either next to them or next to a wall.

There was a group of Nephilim taking turns stabbing a Raum demon in its stomach. We trudged passed them as quietly and quick as we could.

"It's pretty quiet now."

Alec looked around. "Yea... The demons suddenly took off. Whatever Nephilim were left got rid of the rest. There's a bunch of casualties and we haven't even started counting yet"

"Where are we heading?"

Jace spoke up. "Accords Hall... seems like everyone's crowded over there for some reason"

Clary tapped my shoulder. "So you're an angel.... and you haven't figured it out?"

"Honestly... even though I was given so many hints and stuff like that, I didn't want to believe it"

"I'd be the same too. I was like that when I found out I was Nephilim"

Jace suddenly stopped in his tracks.

"Jace..."

Alec ran to the small crowd in front of the Hall. Jace went too.

"Clary... Where are they going..."

"That's Alec's parents... and.."

I widened my eyes. "Izzy..."

I ran to them, Clary following after me. I stopped and saw Izzy crying. She was holding someone's hand. I looked for its face.

I gasped, almost losing my grip on the crutches. "Max..."

Max was on the ground, back flat on the pavement. His eyes were closed, and his eyelids were dark. His glasses were cracked and crooked. His black hair was crusty with blotches of red stuck on it. Even though his hair was black, the blood showed clearer than day. He was holding a small action figure too...

I felt my voice break. "Max....."

Alec and Jace were next to me, and I heard them sniff. I dropped my crutches and flung myself onto them. They held me as we all cried. For some reason Clary didn't come near us....

A rustle stopped our mourning. Jace wiped his eyes and gave me a crutch. I turned and looked at the person in front of us. Its body was covered with a dark cape. It was in front of us, behind Max's body.

It kneeled and stuck out its hand. A ring was on it. Its bare legs shown as it moved to touch Max's face. The man who I assumed was Alec's father took out a dagger and aimed it at the person.

It looked at him.

Its hands moved to the hood of the cape, moving it down to show its face.

It was a woman. An adult actually. She had a small necklace around her throat. The only piece of clothing she had was the cape that surrounded her. Her black curly hair and bare pale skin made her red eyes stand out.

Red eyes...

"Chelsea..."

She looked at me briefly before kneeling again to touch Max. She grazed his skin softly and gently touched his head. She cried.

"Max... dearest Max... you're gone because of me... you saved me Max... now I'll save you"

She took off her necklace, opening the shell Sirena gave her. "This stuff works wonders she said" Chelsea whispered.

She summoned a vial of water and poured the contents of the shell in it. The water turned black. She mixed the Angel blood Sirena gave her too.

The water turned pink.

She made Isabelle let go of him and held his head on her bare legs. She poured the contents down his throat. She cupped her hands and blew, filling the sky with green and blue lights. The lights landed on us and on Max's corpse.

Our injuries healed. I dropped the crutch and stood up on my own.

Max opened his eyes, which shined the same vibrant blue when I last saw him. He looked up. "Chelsea...."

Everyone looked at Max in shock. Izzy in particular, looked at him in horror. "Max..."

Chelsea smiled. "Maxwell.... Thank you... I love you. You know that right?" She kissed his forehead, while straightening his glasses.

She stood up and gave me a quick smile, before spinning and disappearing into nothing but little lights.