Chapter 44- The Vision

I walked around and realized I was on top of clouds.

My teacher told me this was just vapor... how is this... possible?

I heard the rustle of wings again. I looked around.

"Ithuriel..."

He was flying somewhere. He looked so happy. It seemed he was in a hurry.

I suddenly appeared in front of another angel. His wings were long and filled with so many feather. I gently grazed them. They were so light and soft.

Wait... how am I able to touch them?

He didn't seem to notice.

Ithuriel landed in front of him then. He bowed and stood up. "Raziel"

I felt my breath stop. "Raziel... that means..."

Raziel spoke. "My friend. I'm glad you are here. Come and see."

"Is it true? She is the first..."

"Yes... I made her..."

I walked with them. "How though? How Raziel!"

Ithuriel smiled. "Clouds and fire. Compassion like the clouds and the fiercness of your fire"

They stopped in front of a small group of clouds. I heard a small cry.

"Is this... that baby angel?"

Raziel out his hand in the cradle. "This is my daughter... my creation... Angeline" He wrapped a necklace around her throat.

The vision blurred again.

It was just Raziel and Angeline. He was holding her softly, stroking her wings. She cooed softly.

I felt happy.

Raziel spoke. "Angeline... you will be the symbol of the Archangels and the Nephilim. You shall be their role models. They are in need of one besides Jonathan Shadowhunter. I hope Lilith and no one else hears of you... I don't want to think of... the consequences.."

I held his hand. "Raziel...what consequences?! What do you mean?! What's gonna happen to her?"

It blurred again. The sky was dark and stars draped the darkness like glitter.

Angeline was still awake. She was reaching her hands out, trying to catch the stars I guess.

Then there was a rustle. I looked and saw a dark figure. It was clawed and scaly. Ichor was dripping down its body. I knew why.

Heaven isn't very healthy for demons.

He crawled up Angeline's cradle. She looked at him with confusion then she widened her eyes.

The demon grabbed her slowly, trying to keep her calm.

She started to cry.

The demon cursed and ran down the clouds. Angeline's cry was so powerful. Lightning and rain stomped through the clouds toward earth.

Raziel flew suddenly to Angeline's crib. He tried to follow the cries but it was too late. The demon flew out of the boundary line.

"Raziel.. why can't you leave?"

The demon laughed. "A shame angels have to be summoned in order to cross to earth realm... perhaps I shall kill her now."

"No Asmodeus! Do not!"

Asmodeus.... he's a Greater Demon...

He summoned a demon. It looked like a worm. He cut it open and took out a bottle. It had black liquid in it.

"Demon ichor..."

"Correction, Lilith's ichor. She has successfully given birth to a boy who will end the Nephilim. Jonathan Morgenstern. He will rule and as always, every ruler needs a wife..."

"You wouldn't..."

Jonathan Morgenstern... is that...Jace?!?

He grabbed the bottle and jabbed it into the baby's mouth. She coughed and gagged. Her wings started to fall off. Asmodeus smirked.

"One less angel... One less worry"

Raziel... Raziel who was an Archangel... cried. He cried because he couldn't do anything.

He cried because his daughter would die.

Then Asmodeus yelled out. He dropped Angeline and the bottle. I saw a man holding a large stick. I looked at Asmodeus, his head was starting to melt. He gave Raziel a look before running off.

The man...

I felt tears come down my face.

"Dad..."

Aaron threw the stick. He called out to someone. A woman showed up and ran to Angeline.

"Mom..."

Carol held her gently. "Poor child... what did that man want with her?"

"The bottle has poison."

Angeline opened her eyes and smiled at Carol.

She smiled. "What a beautiful necklace... To think that man would hurt her for that... Who knows what happened to her parents. I think we should care for her... Aaron?"

"What should we name her?"

"... Juliet..."

"She's as beautiful as the girl in the book and it is July...very well then. Juliet it is. We will not tell her she is not ours. Not unless necessary."

"Yes dear"

I felt my heart stop.

"Aaron... Carol... you don't mean I'm.... am I Raziel's...."

Everything turned dark.