Chapter 62- Strength

I felt myself shake in fear. I started to breathe harder.

"V...Valentine Morgenstern"

I felt his hands run down my arms. "Amazing! An Angel that actually fears me! Imagine when you hear that I took your blood and gave it to Sebastian."

"What.."

"It made him stronger, actually. Now that he's fighting his brother... who knows who'll win"

"They're not brothers. I gave Jace my strength. He'll win. You don't know Jace."

"Neither do you"

"And you call yourself his father. Yet you don't know anything about him"

I felt myself fall to the ground. Valentine was breathing hard, the Mortal Sword being in his hand. He tried to stab me with it. I moved away, kicking him down. I ran.

I don't want to fight now. I have to tell the others of the spy, Malachi. I have to tell them about Sebastian. I looked at the dark sky. The moon was moving slightly towards the middle. I ran faster.

I passed the lake. I headed towards that single creek Ragnor has told me. It leads to the city. I ran along its edge. The moon was close to the middle.

The gates were closed. I went through the broken part of the wall. I ran to the Hall, hoping to see the group here. There was no one there. The moon passed the middle mark.

I heard growls. I realized then that I didn't have my sword. I ran to the weaponry to see it mostly empty. I took the daggers and the vials of water. As I took one, a demon appeared in front of me.

I threw the water at it. It shrieked as a side of it started to melt. I stabbed it with the dagger, until it disappeared. I looked at the vials I had and tasted the water, spitting it out. "Holy water"

I ran out of Alicante and to the field. I saw hoards demons and Shadowhunters fighting.

It was a slaughter. The Nephilim wouldn't win. I heard growls. There were werewolves and vampires there too. Maybe they do have a chance. I saw a demon, larger the rest. He seemed to be commanding a small group of demons. He held something.

My sword.

I ran into the crowd. I slashed demons out of my way to end up face to face with the demon and my sword.

It licked its face. I looked at it. "That sword is mine" I took out the dagger. "Give it back."

I blocked the attack and dragged the blade along his arm, slicing it off. I jumped on top of it and jammed the dagger down its neck, beheading it. I grabbed my sword and fought the rest of the demons in the group.

Stabbing the last one, I felt something grab me. I tried to stab it but it threw me. I dropped my sword. I threw Holy water at it, but it didn't faze it. I had a dagger left... maybe...

I heard a screech. A group of vampires attacked it, making it dissappear.

"Here Juliet. I believe this sword is yours."

I turned around. "Castillo"

He smiled, kissing my hand. "Don't die now"

I nodded. "Same to you. I need your help. See those demons up in the sky?"

He nodded. "Say no more."

He grabbed me and threw me up into the sky. I jabbed my sword into one of the demon's neck, maneuvering it towards the lake. Some Nephilim looked at me. Demons too.

"Fight!!! I will stop Valentine! That is an order from your Archangel!!"

The Nephilim cheered. "Yes! Angeline!!!!"

I sent the demon crashing into the lake. I swam up, realizing I was at the bottom of the lake. I felt the water ever my lungs, but nothing happened.

I can breathe in this water?

I swam toward the shore. Popping my head up, I saw Valentine dragging something from the water.

"Clary..."