Chapter 46- One Bright Thing

The soft grass suddenly became pierced with shards of glass and ash. I rolled up to a kneeling position, seeing Jace on top of Clary and Chelsea being covered slightly with the debris.

I crawled to my sister and checked if she was breathing.

Nothing.

"Chelsea..."

I picked her up. Then I suddenly remembered something... from the vision.

Jace is the one Lilith gave birth to. He's part demon. He... he's the reason why Angeline has demon blood in her. Half demon--half angel...

I didn't realize it but I dropped my sister and ran into Jace. He rolled away and looked at me with shock.

"Juliet..."

I clenched my fists. "Jonathan Morgenstern..... you... you're a half demon! You're the reason we're going through this! You're the reason why Ragnor is dead! You're the reason why my parents are dead! You... YOU MADE ME INTO A MONSTER!!!!"

Jace stayed silent.

"Have you nothing to say to me Jace? You're the son of Lilith! A greater demon! Angeline became a half angel and half demon because of you.... Chelsea may never wake up because of you... you ... YOU SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN BORN"

Jace looked down.

I smashed my teeth. "Yes... look down where you belong... demon"

I picked up my sister and ran into something, suddenly appearing in front of the Penhallow home.

I threw rocks at the window and saw Alec peering down at us.

"Where Jace and Clary?"

"Hi to you too. I need help my sister..." I held her up slightly, showing him that she's unconscious. he widened his eyes and went to open the door. Isabelle was there too.

As we walked back to the room, Isabelle kept blabbing over and over with Alec.

"Where's Jace? It's getting late. He ought to be here by now"

I spoke up. "He's with Clary."

Alec spoke up. "Thanks Juliet. See Izzy? Nothing to be worried about. Besides, he does this whenever he's mad. He wanders off somewhere. But he'll be back"

He looked at Chelsea. "What happened to her?"

"Long story. Anyway, a beam hit her head and she didn't move any more. I don't see her breathe either."

Alec grabbed her. "She's breathing. She has to have something special in order to survive a blow to the head."

He took out a stele. "I can heal her with this but if she doesn't have angel blood, then it'll kill her."

I stopped in my tracks. Alec looked at me. "Do you want me to risk it?"

Chelsea has blood that I gave to her.... if that vision is true... she would have either angel blood of demon blood... or both...

Either way it could save her.

"Do it"

He placed the tip of the stele onto Chelsea's head. Black lines dragged behind the stele, making a beautiful mark.

"An iratze. It's used to heal"

The mark suddenly disappeared. Chelsea began to breathe normally again.

I held her, crying. "Thank you... Alec"

I heard a laugh. "What a touching moment"

"Sebastian"