Chapter 21- A New Ally

Castillo held my sister very close to him. I felt my heart sink. What if he bit her?! I don't want her to turn into one of them....

"Castillo please.... She's just a child!"

Castillo payed no attention to me, but stared at Chelsea like if she was a piece of meat.

"Child... what happened back in Paris?"

Chelsea squirmed around. I saw her hands splash out colorful flames. The flames landed in front of the vampires.

Marcel, Chelsea and I appeared from the flames. It showed Marcel taking us to his home. It showed the other vampires coming into the same room as us. It showed Marcel grabbing me and trying to bite me. It showed me killing him and Liliana.

The flames died out and Castillo let Chelsea go. She ran to me and I hugged her tightly.

Castillo looked dumbfounded. "I cannot believe he would do such a thing! He was such a trustworthy man.... where are you heading?"

"To the intersection of France, Germany and Switzerland."

"You're going to Idris?!"

"Yes. My parents were murdered because a man named Valentine Morgenstern wanted them gone. I need answers as to who he is"

They looked frightened. Castillo spoke up first. "I can help you go to the intersection peacefully. With Marcel gone, all of the night children will be after you. If they see you with me, they won't bother you"

"It won't bother you?"

"Not at all. Valentine killed one of my own. I want you to have the honor of slaying him. Please"

I nod. "Thanks but first I need to go to a church."

"There's a synagogue not far from here. Why do you ask?"

"I need some weapons"