Chapter 68- All and better now?

It was a quiet night... for me. The sky was filled with fireworks and smoke. It was beautiful. After the battle, I saw Chelsea helping out the injured. She tried to get close to me, but I ushered her away. I didn't want to burn her by accident.

I walked around the lake, looking at the place where Chelsea told me she and Jace killed Sebastian. The blood was still there. I could still smell it. I sat there and cried.

I don't know why I did though. He hurt me. He tried to kill me... but... I loved him still. I loved him even though he hurt me. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because of my angelic self.

I looked at the lake. Jace told me Sebastian's body was dragged into the water. But I don't sense his presence. It feels dark though. Probably because of his demon blood.

I went back to Alicante. Everyone was celebrating... well everyone except Jace. He was at the funeral home... the only one there. It seems like no one wanted to pay respect to Valentine.

Honestly, I wouldn't either.

I appeared before Jace, who stared at me with happiness in his eyes. "Jewel..."

"Hi Jace... why are you here? I thought you despised him..."

"I thought I did too...but... he's my father... technically..."

I got close to him, and saw him shrivel back. I got away. "Sorry... I forget about the heat... Jace... would you like to see Stephen?"

His eyes shot up towards mine. "You can do that?!"

I chuckled and sent a small ball of light into his head. I left him alone then. I couldn't exactly find Clary. Every time I tried to get her location, I end up bumping into a faerie.

So I then went to find Magnus. I found him awhile later with Alec. I decided to leave them alone.

"Juliet..."

I turned around and saw Chelsea. I had almost forgotten about her growth spurt. It made me realize what she was.... a half demon... and it was because of me....

"Hey Chelsea."

She looked out toward the crowd. "It's a nice day, isn't it? After a war... everyone is happy."

"...have you seen Maxwell?"

"Max..." She said his name in pain. "I saw him, yes... I miss him... but I can't be with him in the state I am..."

"I can..."

"Help? No... I asked Magnus and he said this is something I must learn to control on my own. I turned myself into an adult. Now I have to turn myself back into a child."

"I have faith in you Chelsea. You're a strong girl"

She laughed. "I take it you're going back? Back to your real father?"

"I'd like to stay here. But my role is up there... you know, as my sister, I'll always protect you, right?"

"Even though you're supposed to protect the Nephilim?"

"You are part Nephilim also... and if you are in any danger, I'll protect you first... above all others."

She smiled, looking up at me. "Jewel..."

I smiled faintly and sent some wind toward her. She shrunk back to her normal height. Her eyes grew big and she spoke in her childish voice, smiling. "Bye Juliet!! Love you!!!"

I smiled and sent sparks of light at the night sky, disappearing back to where I belonged. With my father Raziel... in heaven.