Chapter 35- Hope Ruined

We walk to the living room. I went on my knees and cried. Clary held me. "It's okay Juliet..."

"No... It's not... I watched that guy kill him... I'm the reason he's dead..."

Magnus clicked his tongue. "No... whoever was after him, would've killed him anyway. Do you know what he was after?"

"The Book of the White. Ragnor told my sister where it is. But in some language I didn't understand."

"Was it Logos?"

"Yes."

"It's a message only warlocks can understand. Your sister must be well trained to be able to understand it."

"She is. She learned from him"

"Of course... Do you smell that?"

"It's the same smell from last night... when that man showed up"

"It's demonic magic. I got a fire message from Ragnor last night"

"He's alive!?! He's here!?"

Magnus went to me. "Juliet..."

I shoved him away. "Ragnor!?! Ragnor I'm here!!!"

I ran up the stairs.

Magnus and Clary ran after me. I open all the doors. "Ragnor!?"

There was one door left. I swung it open, losing my smile. "Ragnor..."

He was there... burnt... slowly deteriorating.

I lost all my energy. Magnus put his hands on my shoulders. "Juliet..."

I ran to Ragnor's body, flinging myself on top of him. "NO......"

I cried between gasps. "NOOOOOOOO....... No... no... Ragnor no..... please no...."

Magnus grabbed me. "Juliet. It's time to let go."

"No you don't understand! Every single person I'm near.... everyone I care about and love die! THEY DIE!!!! I'm the reason he's gone... I... no...."

Magnus shook me. "Juliet, listen to me! He knew you were gonna act like this!" He looked around. "Before he died he told me what to do with you... here"

He gave me a necklace. There was a small vial. "His magic is in here. This is for Chelsea. And this" He made a sword appear. "Is for you. Ragnor made this out of gold and silver. It's indestructible"

I held the sword. "He..."

Magnus wiped my tears. "No more tears." We walked out the room. I didn't cry anymore.