Chapter 17- A Friend?

I awoke still in that hotel in Dunkirk. I wish Ragnor was here... he knows so much of Europe, he would be helped me more.

I guess this is something I must do alone.

Well not entirely alone.

I have my sister. Chelsea. She's sleeping like an angel, slowly fluttering her eyes, dreaming wonderful dreams I hope.

I shook her slightly. "Chelsea, wake up. We gotta go."

She opened her eyes, slowly shutting them again. "Juliet... five more minutes!"

"No Chelsea... we gotta leave now. Come on!"

I pulled her off the bed and plopped her onto the floor. Her head hit the ground and she started swinging her hands around, making green flames shoot out.

Oh no

This big black and white googly eyed monster started thumping me in the head. I walked away from my sister and the monster disappeared.

Chelsea giggles in triumph.

"I won!"

"You gotta learn when to use that magic and when not to"

"Nah nah nah"

"What did you say?"

"What did you say?"

"Stop mocking me Chelsea"

"Stop mocking me Chelsea" She stuck her tongue out at me.

I threw a pillow at her and told her to put a fresh pair of clothes on. We went to check out of the hotel and ate some breakfast at a small café nearby and started our trek to Paris.

It's long. We'll have to hitchhike... not a good idea, but, at least I know who's good and who's not....

We walk around for a few hours and ended up in a city called Calais. I look at the map I found. We did not go very far.

I look at Chelsea. She looks sleepy. I check the map again for any hotels nearby. There's one a few blocks away.

There's a man nearby, maybe he can help.

"Excuse me! Sir?"

He looks at me. He spoke English but had a heavy french accent. "Yes? May I help you?"

"Yes please. Do you know any nearby resting areas? My sister is really tired."

His grin widened. I thought I saw a fang. "Oh!! Please follow me! It is a gift! It is a custom for my family to help at least one English family in a time of need!"

"Really?"

"Yes! Come, I will take you to my home in Paris! You are free to eat and rest once we get there. The next day you may continue on your trip"

"Thank you"

He seems friendly. I think I can trust him.

"May I ask you names miss?"

"I'm Juliet. And this is my sister Chelsea. And you are?"

"I am Marcel Saint Cloud, a pleasure" He stuck out his hand, grabbing mine, kissing it gently. I felt a slight shiver up my spine.

But I think we'll be okay.

*His name ring a bell?? Yes?? No?? Maybe?? Well he was in
The Runaway Queen
from
The Bane Chronicles
if you've read it :)
Hope you like this chapter.
Saturday updates as usual (:
Bye!!
-Amber*