Chapter 19- More Betrayal

We drove for about half an hour more, stopping in front of a beautiful house in the country.

Marcel looked glad. "Here's my home. Come on I'll show you to your rooms."

We went into the house to see some very antique furniture and decor. I stare at a candleholder. It was made of gold.

"You're a collector?"

"You could say that... family! I'm home!"

I hear a thunder of footsteps coming from the floor above. Marcel chuckled. "I have a big family. So we have a lot of rooms"

Boys and girls appeared in front of me. That was quick. They all had the same shine in their eyes like Marcel.

"Welcome"

Chelsea and I bow. "Thanks for having us over."

They smiled, they all have that odd smile like Marcel too.

Marcel clapped his hands. "Well, dinner is almost ready! Shall we get you two ready?"

"Ready for what?"

He came closer to me, I felt a sudden coldness.

"Ready to have you two for dinner"

He grabbed me by the hem of my shirt and lifted me in the air, my throat inches from his long fangs. I see no one going to Chelsea though. Maybe they want to get rid of me first.

I punched his face, making him fall to the ground. The other people started going after Chelsea. I grab her and took a seraph blade from my backpack.

"Raziel"

The blade lit up, making them cover their eyes.

I felt a hand on me... Marcel.

I felt no pulse though.

"You're... you're a vampire!?"

"And you're nephilim"

I shook my head. "No. I don't know what I am. But I know one thing... you're life as a vampire ends now"

He closes his eyes, waiting. I stare at him in wonder. "You want to die?"

"It had to happen eventually. I had a dream where an angel burned me. Now an angel's light will burn me forever"

I stab him in the chest, killing him.

The other vampires scattered. All except one.

She didn't have the shine in her eyes like the others. She looked afraid.

"Please don't kill me"

"What's your name?"

"Liliana. I am Marcel's second in command." She shook slightly.

"Why did you want to kill me and a child?!"

She shook violently. "It is what we are! If you kill me, all vampires of France will be after you!"

I smirk. "I take my chances"

I slit her throat. She gagged, but was still standing. I stabbed her clean through her chest. She went limp, slipping off the blade.

Chelsea clung to me tighter. She was shaking violently. I could hear her cry.

I stroke her hair. "It's okay Chelsea. Their gone. They won't bother us now okay?"

She nodded faintly. I hug her tighter as we left the house and walked back into the city of Paris. We book a small room in a motel on the outskirts of the city lights.

While Chelsea was sleeping, I remembered what that vampire Liliana said to me.

All vampires of France will be after you

I look at Chelsea again. The poor girl is having nightmares. I brush her head as I told her the same words I always tell her when she's afraid.

"Don't fear my little darling. The day is gone. But night has come. Dream good dreams for I am here. Fear no dream for that brings cowardice. Dream good dreams for they bring hope. Hope for happiness and happiness for peace"

Chelsea stopped shaking and suddenly started to breathe softly. I felt relieved. This always works on her.

But it never works on me.

I had the same dream again. Of the angel and of my parents.

What does this mean?

Will I ever find out?

I guess time will tell.