One Way Ticket

I was hanging out with Amber walking around Trollmarket.

Blinky, Aaarrrggghhh!!! and Vendel had gone up to the surface the other night to see if Killahead was really being rebuilt, but Blinky said there wasn't anything there.

It's not that we didn't believe Jim about what he saw, it's just that we needed to see proof.

"Why so quiet?" Amber asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked, "I'm not quiet."

"Really? Then I bet you heard me asking you to have a gnome get me more red socks."

I did not hear that.

"I'm sorry. It's just that there's this whole thing going on with the Trollhunter that we think-"

"Is this about the bridge?"

How did she know?

"How did you-?"

"I listen to everything. That speech the Trollhunter said after the fight. Someone had to believe you."

Literally nothing can get past Amber.
"We don't know for sure. We just need to find the right proof." I said.

As if on cue, Blinky, Aaarrrggghhh!!!, Toby and Jim were walking towards us.
"Ah, Rose Gold. Come along." Blinky said.
I waved Amber goodbye as I joined them.

I smiled at Jim, who had this weird faraway look on his face while he was rubbing his arm.

"The matter at hand, Master Jim... Master Jim?" Blinky tried saying.

"Master Jim!" Aaarrrggghhh!!! roared.

"Yes, sorry. Paying attention. Paying attention!" Jim said.

"As I was saying, assuming that Killahead Bridge was in Arcadia, and it was indeed as you say, delivered to a clandestine location, that would mean more changelings, scavenging, assembling and disassembling. If we prove that the museum curator wasn't working alone, then Vendel might start believing that you saw the Killahead Bridge." Blinky said.

"So, we find another changeling." Jim said.

"Stop saying that so loudly." Another troll was right by us trying to eavesdrop again. "Do you mind?"

"Whatever."

"Changelings have not been heard or seen in Trollmarket for centuries. The mere word could cause hysteria." Blinky said.

"Then how do we find one?" Jim asked.

"RotGut's" Aaarrrggghhh!!! said.

Toby and Jim were amazed at the large troll-shaped doorway to a glass-stained stone door.

"Purveyor of fine charms, totems, and spells." Blinky said.

"It's where we get most of the supplies and books for me to learn magic." I said, "Though I've yet to master half of them."

"Follow my lead." Blinky approached the door and knocked lightly on it.
A window opened, showing an eye, which I could tell was Rot. "Ailment or curse?"

Another window just below it opened, who I knew was Gut. "Oi, numbskull! I'm supposed to answer it!"

"But I already did answer it."

"What is not clear about 'I deal with the customers, you handle the wizardry'?" The window closed.

I always liked Rot better than Gut. He'd actually try to help the customer and not try to scam them out of their money.

"Hold a tick." The second window closed.
Blinky laughed looking back at a confused Jim and Toby.

"Good, Rot. Stick with that." Said Gut as he opened the second window. "Welcome to RotGut's. Oh, Rose Gold! Great to see you again!"