Lost Adventure

We were in Jim's room talking about what to do about the amulet.

Destroy the amulet? Destroy the amulet? That's the dumbest thing he's ever had to do!

I called Amber to come to Jim's house, who was upset that I woke her up, but happy when she heard we might be going on an adventure.

"To find Merlin's tomb, the Trollhunter must destroy the Amulet." Blinky said, "That's--"

"You really think it was Merlin making the amulet?" Jim asked.

"I wasn't finished. That's deranged!"

"You can say that again." I said.

"I saw vague memories in my head left over from Morgana." Claire said.

"You're saying Jim should destroy his amulet 'cause you think you saw some old man put a map inside of it?" Toby asked.

"It was Merlin. The key to finding his tomb, to finding his staff, is inside his amulet."

"The girl-child may be on to something." Dictatious said, "The amulet and the staff are connected."

"Both fueled by the magic of Merlin." Blinky added.

"But if Jim breaks open his amulet, he can't armor up! And if he can't armor up, 'Goodbye, Eclipse Blade!' How's he supposed to kill Gunmar?" Toby asked.

"Yeah, he won't be able to get any armor for that matter." I added.

"If we don't get to the staff first, none of that will matter anyway." Claire said.

"Maybe I don't have to destroy the amulet." Jim thought, "You said Gunmar has Aaarrrggghhh!!! captive?"

"And Aaarrrggghhh!!! could be used as an emotional anchor." Blinky said.

"We'd portal-jump right to him." Claire said.

"The plan is set." Jim said, "We save Aaarrrggghhh!!! and stop Gunmar by any means necessary before he acquires the staff."

--------------------------

Everyone went down to the living room to say a short goodbye to their parents. I'd already let Amber know that the parents knew everything.

Luckily, none of them had a heart attack after seeing Amber had a nice introduction.

"I can't say we approve of all your life choices, but if you're going to run off, you're going prepared." Claire's dad said, He held up a backpack, "It's got a poncho in there, waterproof matches, a flashlight, chorizo--"

"Dad, Jim's got a sword made of daylight." Claire said, "You give me chorizo?"

"It'll be a little taste of home." Claire's mom said as they gave her a little group hug.

"I packed your favorite, Diablo Maximus breakfast burrito." Toby's nana said giving him a bag, "Along with an extra pair of undies."

"Uh... thank you, Nana." Toby said, "I will take these two things that are completely unrelated."

"No underwear for me?" Jim asked Barbara.

She pulled him into a tight hug, "Just call, ok? Text every once in a while. Oh, and take pictures, just to know you're safe."

To be honest, it was really heartwarming seeing the parents really care for their kids like this. I'd have one too, but Blinky's coming with us anyway.

"Stay here." Blinky said to Dictatious, "You're my brother. And I still don't trust you."

Ok, that was funny.

Everyone pulled out their weapons.

"You guys ready?" Claire asked.